LPs 7 - Too abstract?

JettyJJettyJ Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited June 22, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    I don't know if it's too abstract, but it does not communicate either theme for me. What were you going for?
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • JettyJJettyJ Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    I don't know if it's too abstract, but it does not communicate either theme for me. What were you going for?

Basically I was going for a mood. A little darker with a hint of sadness to it. That's what I meant by "too abstract?" I'm trying to figure out if I'm the only one who feels that way about this shot. For me, I get a kind of mental image of lost souls when I see those birds.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    JettyJ wrote:
    Basically I was going for a mood. A little darker with a hint of sadness to it. That's what I meant by "too abstract?" I'm trying to figure out if I'm the only one who feels that way about this shot. For me, I get a kind of mental image of lost souls when I see those birds.

I don't know about the others but, yeah it is too abstract for my taste. Nothing wrong with abstract per say , but kinda defeats the whole theme idea.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    I love the photo, it is really beautiful, but for me, it does not fit into the theme.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    I have to agree. It is a moody photograph for sure, but it doesn't bring either joy or sorrow to mind when I look at it. It makes me think pensive or timeless or even free from earthly cares. Also, impermanence is not always a sorrowful concept. If you enter this photograph, I suggest you use another title. Shay's comment on my entry in the last challlenge was that it didn't fit my title, not that it didn't fit the challenge theme!! And, of course, we are not supposed to use the theme words in our titles either. These LPS challenges are pretty tough, even after you get the shot!

Virginia

Email
  • StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    I like the photo on its own, but it doesn't fit joy or sorrow for me. ne_nau.gif
  • JettyJJettyJ Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Thanks, that's all valuable feedback and I agree. I think I was trying to hard to squeeze the photo into the theme. How come the challenge couldn't have been "kinda' moody or slightly uplifting" :)