Need help finding a shop to buy a lens

GarethLewinGarethLewin Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
edited June 24, 2007 in Cameras
Hi.

I want to buy the 70-200 F/4.0L IS, was going to buy it from b&h but now it's out of stock.

Adorama have it, but they only ship UPS and FedEx to Canada, I really really want to ship USPS. UPS and FedEx take horrible brokerage fees.

So does anyone know of a place that is selling the 70-200 F4.0L IS including the rebate (I can find some important, I want USA+Rebate) for ~$990?

No need to check the shipping for me, I'll do that, I just don't know of other good websites.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited June 21, 2007
    Gareth,

Have you contacted B&H to see when they expect a shipment? I bet they will be back in stock very quickly.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Rusty_Fish_BaitRusty_Fish_Bait Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 21, 2007
    You might want to check calumet they seem to have it in stock.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/CA40792/
  • GarethLewinGarethLewin Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    I had signed up for the "Send me an email when this is in stock" feature on bhphoto, so decided to give it a few days.

Today it came back into stock.

Thanks guys.
  • PrescottPhotogPrescottPhotog Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    Lens
    Hi Gareth,

You might try Norman Camera.. www.normancamera.com

They got me a Mark III when nobody could. I also purchased a 24-70 2.8 and a 300 2.8 as well as a bunch of odds and ends and Pat Norman has treated me great. I just switched to them a while back but remembered them from when I grew up in Ohio. They are in Kalamazoo, Mich (I'm in Prescott, Az).

They didn't have the 300 2.8 in stock but got it for me in two days. Their prices are very good, even compared to B & H and the rest and they have been in business about 50 years.

I see the lens you are looking for is out of stock but the price they have listed is $984.95 and since they are in Michigan and a smaller store they might be able to meet your needs in shipping USPS. Not sure but you can call Pat (tell him Chris from Prescott gave you this info, no reason other than they have been great to me). I found the smaller stores will accomodate special requests vs. larger stores won't budge.

Hope that helps.

Prescott Photog,
    Chris
    '
    Prescott Photog, Chris - " One Shot, One Still "
    '
    Canon CPS Member
    SmugMug Pro User - www.PrescottOutdoors.net
    NAPP Member..Click for Info