Fake Soccer Magazine Cover

RustingInPeaceRustingInPeace Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
edited June 22, 2007 in Sports
164278140-L.jpg

I am thinking about doing a cover for each of the girls this fall.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” -Helmut Newton-

Comments

• JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Thats really cool, Im sure they would get a kick out of seeing themselves on a cover. I love the story tag lines...Laughing.gif
  • S. HortonS. Horton Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    GREAT!

Nice stories!
  • RustingInPeaceRustingInPeace Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    S. Horton wrote:
    GREAT!

Nice stories!

I figure I'll make them unique for each girl

• UP N MTNSUP N MTNS Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Thats a really cool ideathumb.gif I'm sure the cover models will be happy to hang them on the wall.
    Tug at a single thing in nature, and you will find it connected to the universe.
    John Muir
  • RustingInPeaceRustingInPeace Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    They came out Pretty Good
    UP N MTNS wrote:
    Thats a really cool ideathumb.gif I'm sure the cover models will be happy to hang them on the wall.

I went ahead and printed some. The Matte finish turns out to be the ticket on these. The keepers I did at Costco (really cheap). I also did some on the ink-jet and they actually looked pretty good. They had a feel more like news print.

As a matter of fact we had a little fun with another cover.164278169-L.jpg

I added a back cover and printed it on semi-gloss brochure paper at Copymax at 17x11. I pulled a cover off of an old Teen Vogue my daughter had, and re-stapled the whole thing back up. It was a dead ringer. She took it to a friends house and really had the other girls and even the mom going pretty good.

It's kind of fun.

• kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Those are great. I'll have to remember the Vouge or similar type magazines for when my girls get older.

I also do fake covers for the girls on my daughters soccer team- U5 the last 2 seasons, so I don't have quite as many tag lines. The kids and the parents really like them though.

Gene
  • BRATCHBRATCH Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    164278140-L.jpg

I am thinking about doing a cover for each of the girls this fall.

If you are using Photoshop you could erase out the part of the "Soccer America" that covers your subjects' faces. That way the masthead kind of looks like it's just floating behind them in the photo and you don't hear any, "I wish the words weren't on top of them."

Magazines like Sports Illustrated and Rolling Stone do that all of the time. It doesn't seem like much, but it really adds depth and punch and it only takes a few seconds.
    If they hate you they have a subscription. -- Bratch