LPS #7 - Joy

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited June 24, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am finally get a chance to breathe!!! Can I get some help narrowing down? Or eliminating all together?

This is harder for me - I photographed my sister-in-law's wedding last weekend and I know her SOOO well so to me these say "JOY"! Do they to you? (I'd rather NOT enter if they don't.)

Thanks in advance!
  1. 165315442-M.jpg " Best Friends" 1
  2. 165315433-M.jpg "Best Friends" 2
  3. 165315421-L.jpg "At last!"
  4. 165315413-M.jpg "inside joke" 1 (I didn't think you needed to see the large for this one like above)
  5. 165315401-M.jpg "inside joke" 2 - is it better having the bride engaged with the MOH or with the camera??
  6. 165315389-M.jpg "insided joke" 3 - I just love the look on the bride's face, but wasn't sure if it took from the JOY of it
Sorry there are so many, but I really couldn't whittle it down more! LOL!

Thanks again!

ETA - I should add that these are all done on an uncalibrated monitor so if the color is weird or wrong, I'll be fixing them on another machine tomorrow. Thanks!

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Hey
    A vote for Best Friends 2. I love the expression in the woman on the left.
    E
  • babylemkebabylemke Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 21, 2007
    #3 or #5... to me they evoke the most emotion!
    FANTASTIC photography! Great job!
    :-)
    -Lemke
    I am finally get a chance to breathe!!! Can I get some help narrowing down? Or eliminating all together?

This is harder for me - I photographed my sister-in-law's wedding last weekend and I know her SOOO well so to me these say "JOY"! Do they to you? (I'd rather NOT enter if they don't.)

Thanks in advance!
    1. 165315442-M.jpg " Best Friends" 1
    2. 165315433-M.jpg "Best Friends" 2
    3. 165315421-L.jpg "At last!"
    4. 165315413-M.jpg "inside joke" 1 (I didn't think you needed to see the large for this one like above)
    5. 165315401-M.jpg "inside joke" 2 - is it better having the bride engaged with the MOH or with the camera??
    6. 165315389-M.jpg "insided joke" 3 - I just love the look on the bride's face, but wasn't sure if it took from the JOY of it
    Sorry there are so many, but I really couldn't whittle it down more! Laughing.gif!

Thanks again!

ETA - I should add that these are all done on an uncalibrated monitor so if the color is weird or wrong, I'll be fixing them on another machine tomorrow. Thanks!
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    I knew you had to have some contenders from the wedding!! I love the bride and groom #3. Weddings are by nature joyful and the shot is so natural and gorgeous! I also like #5...IMO it works better to have the bride engaged with her MOH.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    I like #1 the best for its candid, genuine nature.

I like #2, but find the crop too tight. Even with a looser crop, I still might prefer #1.

Sorry to add another... I also like #3 for the 'huh' of the bride at the laughter of her friend. But still #1, I think.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Laughing.gif! I"m glad to hear I'm not the only one going back and forth! I posted this on another board for friend's feedback and it was mostly B&G, but also several of the others. Laughing.gif!

Based on that, I think I'll go with the B&G.

Does this crop help the photo? Hurt the photo? I actually like the original crop better, but thought I'd toss this suggestion from someone else out:
    165505534-M.jpg
    Also, is this a better treatment than the original? (That looked blown to me. Like I mentioned, I'll check it on my other calibrated machine when I can.)

Thanks E, Carol, Elaine and Strikeslip for the feedback! Who knows, I'm still in a quandary! Laughing.gif....
    edited June 22, 2007
    The smaller crop looks crowded on the left to me. The full length one does look a touch blown, but I love how her dress is floating and you can see her standing on her tip toes! Looks like she married a tall man! So, my vote is no crop! :D
    Elaine

edited June 22, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    The smaller crop looks crowded on the left to me. The full length one does look a touch blown, but I love how her dress is floating and you can see her standing on her tip toes! Looks like she married a tall man! So, my vote is no crop! :D

Thanks, Elaine!!!:D
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Andi...looks like we are all going back and forth! I've been waiting for someone to post a wedding shot.......what could be more joyous?!?! I like the bride and groom full length. Like Elaine, I like seeing her standing on tippy-toes looking as if she were pleased to have snagged such a tall one!!! Yes, I agree w/you that the dress looks blown...can you re-process? The other shots work, and show joy, but I can relate better to a shot of a bride and groom and it reminds me of family weddings I've been too. So it makes me feel joyful!
    edited June 22, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Andi...looks like we are all going back and forth! I've been waiting for someone to post a wedding shot.......what could be more joyous?!?! I like the bride and groom full length. Like Elaine, I like seeing her standing on tippy-toes looking as if she were pleased to have snagged such a tall one!!! Yes, I agree w/you that the dress looks blown...can you re-process? The other shots work, and show joy, but I can relate better to a shot of a bride and groom and it reminds me of family weddings I've been too. So it makes me feel joyful!

Thanks, Saurora! The shot is blown only because I was tired and wasn't paying attention while post processing! Laughing.gif! The second photo of them is the same shot and it's not (as) blown. I'll drag it to my other machine and reprocess correctly....

Thanks again! I appreciate your candor and your feedback!
  • k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Full length is my choice too.
    edited June 22, 2007
    k2butter wrote:
    Full length is my choice too.

Thanks, Karen!
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    ...tippie toes....
    ....my vote goes to the full shot of the bride & groom....love her standing on her tippie toes!!! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Maureen
    edited June 24, 2007
    NanaMo wrote:
    ....my vote goes to the full shot of the bride & groom....love her standing on her tippie toes!!! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Maureen

Make that "No-longer-tippie toes" rolleyes1.gif

Thanks so much! :D
    edited June 24, 2007
    Make that "No-longer-tippie toes" rolleyes1.gif

Thanks so much! :D

Hah! Took me a second, but I got it! VEEERY CLEVER! rolleyes1.gif
    Elaine