StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited June 22, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Opinions?

165364572-O.jpg

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Hey Strikeslip,
    So I've clicked on this thread three times now and started to compose this twice...I just can't make up my mind!
    It's a beautiful shot and a great idea. It just doesn't make me feel sorrow for the person or the situation. Please don't get me wrong, I think it is really great work - I just can't decide if it hits sorrow strongly enough. It's almost too clean if that makes any sense. Maybe add some grain?????
    My 2 cents.
    E
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    eoren1 wrote:
    Hey Strikeslip,
    It's almost too clean if that makes any sense. Maybe add some grain?????
    My 2 cents.
    E
    15524779-Ti.gif It's a really neat shot and well done, but it doesn't make me feel anything as is. Maybe some mascara running down her cheek? I'm not sure, but I agree it is too sterile to evoke much emotion. :cry
  • BillyVerdenBillyVerden Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Technically a great shot. But for me a tear coming off the top eyelash, just looks like a drop of water. If it wasn't for your tagline i wouldn't have thought it was a tear. But a great photo none the less...
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Really nice work, but I find that it does not invoke the emotion in me that is reflective of your title..

If the tear was running down the cheek it would seem more natural.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Yikes! You folks are a tough crowd! mwink.gif

Thanks so much for your honest opinions, I really appreciate it when someone can tell it like they see it.

I'm going to marry myself to entering a variation of this shot, as I've already got a couple of good takes done, and I've got some spare time at work today. Plus, I wouldn't want to have crushed my daughter's finger with pliers for nothing.

I'll try to get a variation or two posted up. The popular opinion in threads like this has worked out for me twice in a row, but I'm going to forge ahead anyway. :D
    edited June 22, 2007
    Closer crop, saved some more colour, didn't Neat Image. I like this one better.

165453185-O.jpg

Wide crop. Wondering about Neat-Imaging/blurring the motley skin.

165453170-O.jpg

:deadhorse
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    I like the color version better. That little bit of color must give it a more human touch, I guess - maybe not as 'cold' as the first shot. I'd give it a go!
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    I like the colour version much better (gave it warmth); the subtle blur of the profile (brings my focus to the eyelashes and that teardrop), and the intensity of the teardrop sloped more towards a down angle (gave me the feeling of someone crying with their head facing downwards, which is usually the position when someone is crying from a situp position) and the crop gave it that extra something that was missing (it made it appear as though her head/eye was positioned in that downward slope)....

Nice re-work...

Good luck in whichever you choose!!

Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited June 22, 2007
    Many thanks to you, Donna, for your insights, perhaps the most important via PM ! :D My entry is in, good luck to me!