Missing photos.

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited June 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I was looking back thru some galleries from the last year and got about 3 dozen photo not found. Anybody else having this issue. I now feel compelled to look thru all 185,000.

Edit: Ok, it looks as if only the thumbnails are missing. But why out of nowhere would that happen?
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    missing originals breaking my theme?
    So I visit my site tonight and see this (broken header and footer):

165397808-M.jpg

I go to the gallery containing my theme images and try to view the header in original size and get this: (All other sizes are there and appear okay)

165397826-M.jpg

What's going on? I have not changed anything, but I double checked to see that I have originals turned on and external linking enabled.

I hope any visitors to my site do not see this.

Here's my "theme" gallery:

http://scwalter.smugmug.com/gallery/1389287

Any help?

Thanks,
    Scott
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Our engineers are looking into it, thanks for your patience while they do that!
  • scwalterscwalter Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Our engineers are looking into it, thanks for your patience while they do that!

Thanks for the quick response. Glad to hear the team is on this.

Thanks,
    Scott

PS. I cleared my cache, restarted FF and the header and footer images came back, but now one of my slideshow images is missing.
    Scott Walter Photography
    scwalter.smugmug.com
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    It happend here at dgrin also, here is a screenshot from a few minutes ago. Notice the top right corner where powered by smugmug should be.

165408427-M.jpg
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
    edited June 21, 2007
    should be ALL fixed now, sorry for that hassle guys!
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Steve told me to rotate photos to get smugmug to regenerate new thumbnails. I started doing that and I come back to the gallery after I rotated all that had no file found, and viola, more no file found. This is dam screwy.
  • Ryan ArmbrustRyan Armbrust Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    bham wrote:
    Steve told me to rotate photos to get smugmug to regenerate new thumbnails. I started doing that and I come back to the gallery after I rotated all that had no file found, and viola, more no file found. This is dam screwy.

I am having the same problem. I host images in a private gallery for 2 other websites of mine. All my sites are having issues due to the pics not loading on smugmug.
    edited June 22, 2007
    I am having the same problem. I host images in a private gallery for 2 other websites of mine. All my sites are having issues due to the pics not loading on smugmug.
    Right now?
    Can you please link us to each gallery? Thanks.
  • Ryan ArmbrustRyan Armbrust Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Right now?
    Can you please link us to each gallery? Thanks.

Andy,
    Click on my link to my main webpage. I have a banner that is hosted on my smuggy acount that is not showing up. It is at the bottom of my main page.

I also had some images that I used on other websites. I was using the original as the link. I changed all the links to large and they worked. None of this makes any sence to me.

PLEASE HELP!
    edited June 22, 2007
    Andy,
    Click on my link to my main webpage. I have a banner that is hosted on my smuggy acount that is not showing up. It is at the bottom of my main page.

I also had some images that I used on other websites. I was using the original as the link. I changed all the links to large and they worked. None of this makes any sence to me.

PLEASE HELP!
    I'm sorry this is not making sense to you. I will help. Please give me links to the images you are not seeing originals for, that is what we need, like I previously asked... thanks!

Your footer and header and homepage is working just fine for us (see attachment). Please delete all your temporary internet files in your browser, close and reopen your browser, then you should see all the images. Okay?