Moofaly Doofaly

digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
edited February 14, 2005 in Holy Macro
The one and only. Unfortunately had to use a flash since he was moving around so much, I really need an external flash so I can bounce the light. but oh well. He's so sweet here!

15874107-M.jpg

Comments

• MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    Nice shot! thumb.gif He IS indeed a handsome fellow. For an onboard flash shot this is really good, and you will be floored with an external. Thanks for sharing!

AJ
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Nice shot! thumb.gif He IS indeed a handsome fellow. For an onboard flash shot this is really good, and you will be floored with an external. Thanks for sharing!

AJ
    you really think so? I don't know really since I've never used an external flash, I've only been in situations where I thought, hmmm, I really need that to be a little less harsh. The flash does have options though so I chose to supress it and put it on -.03 (whatever that means, lol). But as a comparison, here's a shot of him without flash, on macro (yeah, can you believe it) taken @ 1.3" f4 ISO 200. It's just so much warmer. But not as cute. mwink.gif

15713054-M.jpg
    edited February 14, 2005
    you really think so? I don't know really since I've never used an external flash, I've only been in situations where I thought, hmmm, I really need that to be a little less harsh. The flash does have options though so I chose to supress it and put it on -.03 (whatever that means, lol). But as a comparison, here's a shot of him without flash, on macro (yeah, can you believe it) taken @ 1.3" f4 ISO 200. It's just so much warmer. But not as cute. mwink.gif

15713054-M.jpg
    Yes most definately. Especially if you get a speedlight with TTL, then your shots are almost guarenteed to come out flawless. Btw that's another good shot!

Here is literally one of the first practice shots I took with my SB600 speedlight, just pointed the flash up and...

ahappypuppy29kq.jpg

Thats my upstairs neighbours doberman "Dolby"...

AJ
    edited February 14, 2005
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Yes most definately. Especially if you get a speedlight with TTL, then your shots are almost guarenteed to come out flawless. Btw that's another good shot!

Here is literally one of the first practice shots I took with my SB600 speedlight, just pointed the flash up and...

Thats my upstairs neighbours doberman "Dolby"...

AJ
    OH WOW, I could kiss that dog to pieces! great shot. so....what the heck is a speedlight with TTL? lol I do need to start learning about some additional equipment when I can afford it.
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 14, 2005
    OH WOW, I could kiss that dog to pieces! great shot. so....what the heck is a speedlight with TTL? lol I do need to start learning about some additional equipment when I can afford it.
    Look into the Canon 420EX, 550EX, or 580EX external flashes. They range from about $180-$400. They all work well and all have the ability to be bounced. You will be amazed at the difference between these and the internal flash :-)

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited February 14, 2005
    Hehe, he is quite the charmer...

TTL stands for Through The Lens, which means (amongst things) it is constantly adjusting according to what your camera sees. Heh, your right they are not cheap, and a cheaper manual flash (or speedlight) should be able to do same, you just have to make the adjustments yourself.

One more, my neighbours kitten (one of two brothers)...

thehandthatfeeds3sd.jpg
  • 4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    The one and only. Unfortunately had to use a flash since he was moving around so much, I really need an external flash so I can bounce the light. but oh well. He's so sweet here!

15874107-M.jpg
    I think the picture is great just as it is.. Beautiful cat...Ok fess up what's with the name? Let's here it Tanna
    edited February 14, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    I think the picture is great just as it is.. Beautiful cat...Ok fess up what's with the name? Let's here it Tanna
    Laughing.gif, oh what a story. Ok, so I had a boyfriend a couple of years ago, everything was great, yada yada. Well he ended up getting a job in Indiana (I'm in NC) and it was a teary break-up yada yada and well, he gave me the cat I guess as a consolation prize so to speak. Turns out, the cat was the best thing to ever happen to me and I wouldn't give MD up for anything. I don't know where Robert came up with the name, he just thought it was cool and matched the personality perfectly which it does. He's one of a kind for sure. And a feline leukemia survivor. He's the bestest! iloveyou.gif
    edited February 14, 2005
    Laughing.gif, oh what a story. Ok, so I had a boyfriend a couple of years ago, everything was great, yada yada. Well he ended up getting a job in Indiana (I'm in NC) and it was a teary break-up yada yada and well, he gave me the cat I guess as a consolation prize so to speak. Turns out, the cat was the best thing to ever happen to me and I wouldn't give MD up for anything. I don't know where Robert came up with the name, he just thought it was cool and matched the personality perfectly which it does. He's one of a kind for sure. And a feline leukemia survivor. He's the bestest! iloveyou.gif
    He really is gorgeous and you capture him perfectly and I am obviosly so not a cat person but he looks like a one of a kind cat..
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    He really is gorgeous and you capture him perfectly and I am obviosly so not a cat person but he looks like a one of a kind cat..
    Are we allowed to put cats and dogs on the same page??:uhoh rolleyes1.gif
    edited February 14, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Are we allowed to put cats and dogs on the same page??:uhoh rolleyes1.gif
    so long as the hair doesn't start flyin'! :duel
    edited February 14, 2005
    so long as the hair doesn't start flyin'! :duel
    I am sure the cat would win...My dogs are complete whimps...