Options

Is Smugmug down?

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 14, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Temporarily. I can access all other sites, but not my smugmug page. Want to make sure it is not aol or our PC.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 14, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Temporarily. I can access all other sites, but not my smugmug page. Want to make sure it is not aol or our PC.

ginger
    You're not getting the "temporarily down" message? Yeah, it's down for some service. Not your PC.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    You're not getting the "temporarily down" message? Yeah, it's down for some service. Not your PC.
    No I am not getting the message.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

Its intermittent for me right now.

I started an upload of 800+ images last night. I notice that most got uploaded ok. Some are still in-progress. I have a suggestion about the Smugmug Uploader, however. This might apply to Smugmug Explorer, as well.

Occasionally the Uploader will complain that certain files could not be uploaded due to file format error. This is never actually true, as I only upload JPG's. I'm guessing it was a transmission error somewhere in-flight. What I would like is the ability to request that the "bad files" be tried again. I see no easy way for me to do this, its a manual process. Since the Uploader knows which files were in error, and where to find them, the ability to say "try again" is appealing.

Also, I'm on cable modem. Uploading a lot of files still takes a long time. What is the limiting factor? If I was to buy an even fast cable modem service package would it help? Or can Smug only accept images so quickly, so it doesn't matter if I send them faster from my end?

Thanks.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    Big uploads
    Early in January I added a "retry" feature which would automatically retry any http command that ended with an error. Also, if file is accepted, it is removed from the upload list, otherwise it stays in it. So, if by the end of the day you end up with a few files still in the list, you can simply hit Ctrl+U again, they would go to the same albums you destined them originally.

Speed wise - it's in most cases on your end. Both DSLs and cables are usually asymmetrical, meaning your max upload speed is somewhat 3..10 slower than your download speed. I never had a problem with SM itself, and I was uploading ALOT at a very fast pace (T3:-)

You may also want to check out Mass upload service on Smugmug Explorer Services page. Maybe it's what you need..

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"