Set Featured Gallery page goofed up?

rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited June 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi - for a little while now my page for setting a Featured Gallery has been all out of whack. Not sure if this is being caused by one of my customizations or if it's an SM-wide problem. It looks like the screen shot below.

165511184-M.jpg

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    I see it on your site, but I cannot replicate. We'll check into it.
  • rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    I see it on your site, but I cannot replicate. We'll check into it.

Cool - kind of figured that it might be on my end. I also haven't tried it with a different computer, so I can't rule out the machine itself. I'll try it on a diff comp at home. Let me know if you find any probs.

Thanks!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    rdlugosz wrote:
    Cool - kind of figured that it might be on my end. I also haven't tried it with a different computer, so I can't rule out the machine itself. I'll try it on a diff comp at home. Let me know if you find any probs.

Thanks!
    I can replicate the problem. It is a problem with the code you have in your albumDescription. It gets truncated, and right at a point that it leaves an open tag. Try removing all the code first, and see that it makes a difference. Then, see if you can move some tags around so it doesn't b0rk it anymore.

As a backup, I have your code here:
    <html><table><tr valign="top"><td align="justify"><span class="title">Welcome to the gallery of images from the 2007 <a href="http://kilgour.cps-k12.org/" target="_blank">Kilgour</a> 5K Run, benefiting the <a href="http://kilgoursports.org/" target="_blank">Kilgour Sports Boosters</a>!</span><br>Here you'll find over 1800 photographs from the race.  Feel free to browse through them or enter your Race Bib Number in the box on the right to search.  <i>Note that we could only tag the photos with a Bib Number when we were able to see one, so you may wish to browse a bit to be sure you're not missing a great shot!</i>
    <br><br>
    <span class="title"><a href="http://gallery.rrdphoto.com/gallery/2781751" target="_blank">Prints, Gifts, and Digital Downloads</a></span> are available: simply click the <i>"buy: this photo"</i> link above your favorites.  After ordering, the photo will be retouched, printed at our pro labs and then mailed directly to your door.<br><span class="title">A portion of all proceeds will be donated back to the Kilgour Sports Boosters!</span>
    </td><td align="right">
    <!-- Site Keyword Search -->
    ******** TYPE="text/javascript">
    <!--
    // check that they entered an amount tested, an amount passed,
    // and that they didn't pass units than they more than tested

function TestDataCheck()
    {
    var bib = parseInt(document.bibSearch.Keyword.value);
    var returnval;

if ( isNaN(bib) || bib < 1000 || bib > 9999)
       {
       alert("Please enter a Bib Number between 1000 to 9999.");
       returnval = false;
       }
    else
     {
      returnval = true;
     }

return returnval;
    }
    // -->
    </********

<form name="bibSearch" action="/keyword/jump.mg" onSubmit="return TestDataCheck()">
    <strong>Bib Number:</strong>
    <input autocomplete="off" maxlength="15" size="5" name="Keyword" value="">
    <input value="Search for Bib Number" name="submitButton" class="buttons" type="submit"></form>
    <!-- End Site Keyword Search -->
    <br><br><br><br><span class="title"><i>Need help?</i></span> Feel free to<br><a href="mailto:ryan@rrdphoto.com">email me</a> with any questions.
    </td></tr></table>
    </html>

• rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    I can replicate the problem. It is a problem with the code you have in your albumDescription. It gets truncated, and right at a point that it leaves an open tag. Try removing all the code first, and see that it makes a difference. Then, see if you can move some tags around so it doesn't b0rk it anymore.

Ah!! That makes sense! Well, it doesn't bother me enough to want to attempt to fix it... I kind of like the way that description lays out at the moment. Eventually the problem will resolve itself when that gallery is no longer featured.

Thanks a ton for looking into this!