workflow related question

Terence DodgeTerence Dodge Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited June 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Howdy

Kindly inform me if this was not the place for this post, I searched on the term Workflow and the answers returned did not address my questions below, also suggest other terms/forums if it has been answered add nauseam else where.

I need opinion on managing workflow as it relates to SmugMug. My experience is in local print versus .. well SmugMug. I ingest images, add meta data, cull, rotate, IPTC, keyword and you know the drill. So when I save out a derivative image for SmugMug ( I have read the piece about sRGB versus ProPhoto color space, which is where I go for the local print workflow ), what suggestions can anyone make for a transmissive derivative ( as opposed too the reflective one I generate for the Epson ) that I want to sell and the customer will not return.

Color correct for one ( profiled monitor/printer/paper ) then convert from that image from ProPhoto space to sRGB and tweak ( tech term, sorry about that ), and then buy one and have SmugMug send it to me.

I will do that just to show prospective clients SmugMug quality issues, if there are any.

Terence Dodge

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    Sounds like you have it down :)
    How about linking us to an image or two you are going to print, and I'll give you my opinion, okay?

wave.gif Welcome!