Options

Headed to Yosemite for the Blue Moon

Boulder BobBoulder Bob Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
I'm headed to Yosemite next weekend for the Blue Moon. Any suggestions for not to miss shots?

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    ear.gif

You might try a search for Yosemite, we have quite a few piccies here.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    FirelarzFirelarz Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    I'm headed to Yosemite next weekend for the Blue Moon. Any suggestions for not to miss shots?

What blue moon?
    I am always on a quest for knowledge. If you have some extra, send it to me. (I just love this little guy!) :barb :barb :barb

Nikon D2X l D2XS l and alot of Nikon glass...
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    The high country-- any lake or alpine meadow far away from roads! Might be a bit mosquito-y right now (or snowed in) though. It's a beautiful park and not hard to find hundreds of great spots to shoot. Warning though-- it's tough to cover in a single visit (much less a whole summer) so be prepared for future visits!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    Boulder BobBoulder Bob Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 26, 2007
    Blue Moon... my definition.
    Saturday June 30th is a Blue Moon (the second full moon of the month) Hence the cliche "Once in a Blue Moon" I've heard other explainations but that's the one I choose to apply here:D

I will be backpacking above Yosemite Falls and doing a night shoot of the Moonrise over Half Dome. I will try to figure out how to get pix posted here.

Off to DIA right now... Can't wait to see the Fire in Tahoe tomorrow... maybe some good photo opps there too?

Bobbie