Light tent playing

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited June 24, 2007 in Holy Macro
Just one of the spouse's bears in a light tent.
Enjoy. Comments always welcome.
165626316-L-LB.jpg

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    Nice even lighting. I see a lot of noise. If this were in a sales catalogue, I suspect you'd want the subject to jump out against the background, be more brilliant. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    Just one of the spouse's bears in a light tent.
    Enjoy. Comments always welcome.

I'm with Sid on this one, the bear itself looks beautiful, but it doesn't not jump out of the background.

Does your wife make these bears?

It's really a nice shot, just doesn't pop that's all .... my mum would love that bear, she makes all kinds of things including bears and dolls thumb.gif
    .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    Nice even lighting. I see a lot of noise. If this were in a sales catalogue, I suspect you'd want the subject to jump out against the background, be more brilliant. ne_nau.gif
    Thanks for the comments, Sid. Curious - where's the noie you are referring to? The background material is a cellular cloth (not my favorite), so it will natutally introduce some graininess. Is that what you are talking about?
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    I'm with Sid on this one, the bear itself looks beautiful, but it doesn't not jump out of the background.

Does your wife make these bears?

It's really a nice shot, just doesn't pop that's all .... my mum would love that bear, she makes all kinds of things including bears and dolls thumb.gif
    .... Skippy

This is a store-bought item. Mom doesn't have that much creativity.mwink.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    i like it very much
    and agree with skippy and sid
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    Thanks for the comments, Sid. Curious - where's the noie you are referring to? The background material is a cellular cloth (not my favorite), so it will natutally introduce some graininess. Is that what you are talking about?

Maybe that's it? I also noticed it in the shadows at the foot of the doll. But you could well be right, it's just the texture of the cloth.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au