Any winners???

NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
edited June 25, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Greetings.....any comments or suggestions would be appreciate....good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks in advance!!
Maureen

"Catching Air....."

165650463-L.jpg

"Turbulence....."

165650623-L.jpg

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    Well, I see you've already entered the skateboarder! Both are exhilarating sports, that people get a real "high" from, so I think they both work. I do like what you've done to the background in the skateboarding shot. That is a unique treatment, at least to me. I've never seen grain used like that! What a cool idea! I've got about a million prints I could use that on! rolleyes1.gif
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    The images are both engaging but I don't know that they evoke joy or sorrow in me. People do get joy from both, but I'm not seeing the joy in these photographs.

That said, #1 is a cool shot, though is it just a tad oof? I love what you did with the grain!

Jesse
  • NanaMoNanaMo Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    indiegirl wrote:
    The images are both engaging but I don't know that they evoke joy or sorrow in me. People do get joy from both, but I'm not seeing the joy in these photographs.

That said, #1 is a cool shot, though is it just a tad oof? I love what you did with the grain!

Jesse
    Well, I see you've already entered the skateboarder! Both are exhilarating sports, that people get a real "high" from, so I think they both work. I do like what you've done to the background in the skateboarding shot. That is a unique treatment, at least to me. I've never seen grain used like that! What a cool idea! I've got about a million prints I could use that on! rolleyes1.gif

http://www.saurora.smugmug.com

Ah, gone last weekend....last week and the week before 8 - 10 meetings each week and now this weekend babysitting 5 of the grandkidletts....so ....ever heard of a place holder so you don't miss an opportunity?

Yes, that is what I did....hoped y'all would like either/both....but did not miss an opportunity to enter....my train of thought is somewhat less than normal....and NO it is not mental-pause!!! rolleyes1.gifrofl

Thanks for the comments....got another 24 hrs of duty so I am going with the skateboarder....and want to soar like he is doing and hope it touches the emotions of others!!!

Maureen
    edited June 24, 2007
    indiegirl wrote:

Jesse

...thanks, got a minute during naps...theirs, not mine and had a chance to sharpen it!!

Maureen rolleyes1.gif
    edited June 24, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    "

...thanks again, I used it as a place holder while I got some cc... but know the joy skateboarders get when they successfully "catch air"....remember when my boys did it...they were happy campers er, skaters! clap.gif

Maureen wings.gif
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    I think the one you entered is the best! I like what you did in the background - or was that noise there? It's cool!
    edited June 25, 2007
    I think the one you entered is the best! I like what you did in the background - or was that noise there? It's cool!

Thanks! iloveyou.gif

Yes, it is noisy!! Others mentioned it also....it seems to lend itself to his particular photo. :D

Maureen