Options

Questions

klcklc Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited June 24, 2007 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hi my name is Katlin. I am a new member to Digital Grin. I do not know alot about this website at all. But i am looking forward to learning to become a even better photographer. At this point i have fabulous photos but do not know how to upload them on this website. I heard that there was something like each week a new theme [people, landscape, curvy, ect.] Does that mean i have to add those kind of pictures that week? I would love suggestions... messages please? Thank you so much! Have a nice day!
:lust Katlin
"Each picture captures a unplaceable momment." I am thinking about being a photographer when i'm older. I practice alot and hope this website will help me grow to become a better photographer and help me learn more!

Comments

• Options
    indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    Welcome Kaitlin,

You can find information about the contest here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=54952

Can't wait to see your stuff!

Jesse
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2007
    thanks but more questions
    Thank you for that. I went there. Really new at this.

I still don't get the gist of it. Where do you enter photos and what kind photos do i enter?

Any advice is so much appreciated!!! Thank you!

indiegirl wrote:
    Welcome Kaitlin,

You can find information about the contest here:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=54952

Can't wait to see your stuff!

Jesse
    "Each picture captures a unplaceable momment." I am thinking about being a photographer when i'm older. I practice alot and hope this website will help me grow to become a better photographer and help me learn more!
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    Katlin,
    klc wrote:
    Hi my name is Katlin. I am a new member to Digital Grin. I do not know alot about this website at all. But i am looking forward to learning to become a even better photographer. At this point i have fabulous photos but do not know how to upload them on this website. I heard that there was something like each week a new theme [people, landscape, curvy, ect.] Does that mean i have to add those kind of pictures that week? I would love suggestions... messages please? Thank you so much! Have a nice day!
    iloveyou.gif Katlin

Welcome to Dgrin! clap.gif

You probably mean our weekly assignments. You can start with the lastest one and then catch up on the rest.

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2007
    Thank you so much. That is in the direction i wanted.

I am still looking how to make folders of my pictures. I am wanting to be able to view my profile with my pictures in folders... help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Nikolai wrote:
    Welcome to Dgrin! clap.gif

You probably mean our weekly assignments. You can start with the lastest one and then catch up on the rest.

HTH
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 23, 2007
    klc wrote:
    Thank you so much. That is in the direction i wanted.

I am still looking how to make folders of my pictures. I am wanting to be able to view my profile with my pictures in folders... help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Kaylin:

welcome to dGrin. This is a photo discussion forum and we look forward to your future participation and contributions.

I think you're looking for a photo hosting site for compiling and displaying your photos and Smugmug is a great place. many of us here have sites at SM

www.smugmug.com

feel free to use this coupon code for a discount: WYaQX1K7RGp3I
  • Options
    edited June 23, 2007
    Thank you. I hopefully will get that soon!

Angelo wrote:
    Kaylin:

welcome to dGrin. This is a photo discussion forum and we look forward to your future participation and contributions.

I think you're looking for a photo hosting site for compiling and displaying your photos and Smugmug is a great place. many of us here have sites at SM

www.smugmug.com

feel free to use this coupon code for a discount: WYaQX1K7RGp3I
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2007
    If you are looking for FREE photo hosting...take a look at FLICKR

or do a google for photo hosting and tons of sites will appear......

another site I really like is USA101 but it seems some one hacked their servers and it has been down almost a month....don't know if they will revive .....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 23, 2007
    Thank you. i will look into them!

Art Scott wrote:
    If you are looking for FREE photo hosting...take a look at FLICKR

or do a google for photo hosting and tons of sites will appear......

another site I really like is USA101 but it seems some one hacked their servers and it has been down almost a month....don't know if they will revive .....
  • Options
    dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    Hi Katlin
    Welcome to dgrin. I'm sure you'll like it here. Lots of friendly, helpful people.

As Nikolai pointed out, the weekly assignments are a good way to learn.

You'll also want to take a look at dgrin's collection of HOW-TOs.

Here's a another tutorial site you might find interesting.

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos.
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2007
    Thank you!!!
    Have a good night
    -Katlin

dkoyanagi wrote:
    Hi Katlin
    Welcome to dgrin. I'm sure you'll like it here. Lots of friendly, helpful people.

As Nikolai pointed out, the weekly assignments are a good way to learn.

You'll also want to take a look at dgrin's collection of HOW-TOs.

Here's a another tutorial site you might find interesting.

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos.