Thank you Joe Livingston!

SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
edited June 24, 2007 in Sports
You know there are photographers and then there are photographers. Let me break that down for you from my viewpoint. I am new to the sports side of photography. One day JoeL sent me an email complimenting my photos with feedback as well. We have spoke on the phone since then as well as exchanged emails many times. His encouragement has lit a fire to pursue this avenue of photography more. Ok so there are people like Joe that give back.

The other photographer is the one that continually posts pictures over and over. Comments are made about how good they are but if you look closely you will hardly ever see them providing their time to give feedback to others. To each his own but in my eyes photographers like Joe will stand out because they are willing to give back.

I just attended a sports photography workshop this past week in Colorado Springs. Pro photographers from AP, Sports Illustrated, etc. I could not believe how down to earth these guys were and willing to share tricks of the trade that have worked for them. Yes, I am sure they were paid but they were asked to share some things that they didn't have to and were glad to do so.

To sum this all up, I just wanted to say thanks to JoeL as he is known here and others like him for being the type of photographer and person that shares their knowledge and encourages others to strive to be their best.

:clap

Shane
www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 85mm 1.8
Canon 70-200L IS 2.8

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    Shane,

I agree with you about JoeL's efforts on this forum. He doesn't post a lot of pictures, but he does make the effort to comment and critique. While I haven't directly communicated with him, I remember reading some of his earlier posts and that helped me improve my shots. Later, it really felt good when he provided some positive feedback on some of the work I did post. So let me add my thanks clap.gif

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    Yes, he doesn't post alot but more important he gives something back to those like us that are trying to learn. That speaks volumes!!!

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8