Modifying Adjustment layer - Photoshop CS2

FrankCFrankC Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited June 24, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi,

I've done lots of Googling and Forum searching, but can't find the answer to what I think should be a very simple question.

I recently got an action which does various image adjustments - the last one being to apply USM in an adjustment layer. However, I'd like to modify the supplied USM parameters, and can't find find any way to do this.

For other adjustment layers e.g. Curves, I can just double-click to get to the curve and change it. On the sharpening layer however, the only thing I seem to be able to get at is 'Blending Options'.

How do I get at the USM parameters ?

Thanks, Frank

Comments

• pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    FrankC wrote:
    How do I get at the USM parameters ?

In CS2 you can't. You can only do this in CS3. However, if this is an action,
    you can just record over that one step with your own USM settings.
  • FrankCFrankC Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    Many thanks Bernard - you've just saved me more hours of fruitless searching.

Frank
  • edgeworkedgework Registered Users Posts: 257 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    pyrtek wrote:
    In CS2 you can't. You can only do this in CS3. However, if this is an action,
    you can just record over that one step with your own USM settings.
    You can also open up the action layers and place a stop at the USM step. That will call up the dialogue box but not apply it automatically. Use the settings you want and proceed.
    There are two ways to slide through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both save us from thinking.
    —Korzybski