This lens is so Great...

JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
edited June 27, 2007 in Cameras
That Harry's friends will even stop to pose for you. I just received my new Nikon 85mm f1.4 from BHPhoto and took it out for a test spin. This IS really a nice lens. Some examples:

165725737-M.jpg

Mom and the kids out for a stroll:165725531-M.jpg

The bokeh on this lens is Outstanding. This was at f1.4 focusing on the second post.
165725587-M.jpg

Comments

• dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    nice lens... pricey lens... i could use some glass that fast when i'm shooting weddings... :)
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    Yes, it's not cheap. Just a little over $1,000 at B&H. But why would anyone buy a nice expensive camera system and put a cheap lens on it. I never understood that concept. I'm sure this lens would be great for weddings especially where you can't use flash. I am also going to try it out on a few concerts.
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    Congrats on the 85 1.4. Its one of my favorites. For indoor or low light shooting it can't be beat.

One warning though, using such a fine piece of glass to shoot squirrels could result in the lens being recalled by Nikon if they found out this egregious misuse.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    JESTER wrote:
    Yes, it's not cheap. Just a little over $1,000 at B&H. But why would anyone buy a nice expensive camera system and put a cheap lens on it. I never understood that concept. I'm sure this lens would be great for weddings especially where you can't use flash. I am also going to try it out on a few concerts.

rolleyes1.gif Neither do most of the rest of us...and we try and set the remainder straight. It's all about the glass.
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Harryb wrote:
    Congrats on the 85 1.4. Its one of my favorites. For indoor or low light shooting it can't be beat.

One warning though, using such a fine piece of glass to shoot squirrels could result in the lens being recalled by Nikon if they found out this egregious misuse.

Harry, you are just too funnywings.gif There were about five of these critters all around me. They had me surrounded. I thought they were going to jump me for a while. They were just a little too friendly.