Resolution question

GKPGKP Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited June 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I know I have seen it before (or maybe its just in my head) but I have been searching the help files (google really) for the actual sizes of the digital downloads.

I have a customer asking me what the size of the 1mp (x by y) is.

Can I say 1024x768? or 1280X960?

You help system is great most of the time. Here I am pulling my hair out trying to find the answer. I do not want to call up another customer and say hey remember that file you bought.. what was the pixel dimensions.

Greg

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    GKP wrote:
    I know I have seen it before (or maybe its just in my head) but I have been searching the help files (google really) for the actual sizes of the digital downloads.

I have a customer asking me what the size of the 1mp (x by y) is.

Can I say 1024x768? or 1280X960?

You help system is great most of the time. Here I am pulling my hair out trying to find the answer. I do not want to call up another customer and say hey remember that file you bought.. what was the pixel dimensions.

Greg
    1 Megapixel means one million pixels. The exact dimensions depend upon the aspect ratio of your image. If your image was square, it would be 1024x1024. If the image was a 3:2 image, then you'd get one megapixel with about 1250 x 833.

I couldn't find this info in the help system either - I had to calculate it myself.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • GKPGKP Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    Understood.. most all my photos are 2:3 or 3:2 So thats the aspect I need to find out about. I need to know exactly what the customer will get though, not a guess.

Looks like I will make an embaressing phone call to a previous client to ask them the pixel values.

-G
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    GKP wrote:
    Looks like I will make an embaressing phone call to a previous client to ask them the pixel values.

-G
    If you email the help desk, or post here the order #, we'll happily give you the exact pixel dimensions of your files for any order.

All you have to do is ask :)
    edited June 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    If you email the help desk, or post here the order #, we'll happily give you the exact pixel dimensions of your files for any order.

All you have to do is ask :)

ok thanks andy here's an order number, 324815

I just need the number as an example so I can tell this lady what to expect.

Im not a big fan of emailing support as I am not always at my main computer :/

-Greg (on the laptop in the living room hah)
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    GKP wrote:
    ok thanks andy here's an order number, 324815

I just need the number as an example so I can tell this lady what to expect.

Im not a big fan of emailing support as I am not always at my main computer :/
    ? I don't understand headscratch.gif

-Greg (on the laptop in the living room hah)

1226 x 817px are the dimensions of the files in that order.

I hope this helps!
    edited June 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:

1226 x 817px are the dimensions of the files in that order.

I hope this helps!

helps a ton.. thanks.
    edited June 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Oh sorry.. I use several computers but only have one set up to do MAPI mailing. My main system runs outlook. on the laptop I have outlook express, and I hardly use my wife's computer. So to email I need to goto my computer or remote connect in, etc.

Thanks again for your replies

-G