Options

Stats Page - No going back?

Moon MullenMoon Mullen Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited February 14, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I was wondering if there is a way to get back to the overall stats page once you have clicked on a specific gallery to see the stats? Whenever I hit the back button on IE from a stats page I get the DNS page. If I click a second time it brings me back to the home page.

I also thought I saw something recently that indicated you could look at gallery stats by going into that particular gallery, but whenever I click on statistics I get all of my galleries.

Finally, is there an option just to view the numbers in a spreadsheet form v. having to scroll through numerous graphs? It would be awesome to be able to download stats to csv. Not critical mind you, so I understand if this is not priority one for smugmug.

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    Well, for what it's worth...
    I was wondering if there is a way to get back to the overall stats page once you have clicked on a specific gallery to see the stats? Whenever I hit the back button on IE from a stats page I get the DNS page. If I click a second time it brings me back to the home page.

I also thought I saw something recently that indicated you could look at gallery stats by going into that particular gallery, but whenever I click on statistics I get all of my galleries.

Finally, is there an option just to view the numbers in a spreadsheet form v. having to scroll through numerous graphs? It would be awesome to be able to download stats to csv. Not critical mind you, so I understand if this is not priority one for smugmug.
    1) If you go a gallery and click on the stats from there you'll get that gallery stats - they you can bo "back" from there

2) clicking on the stats from your root/category does indeed bring you to the "all stats" page, and if you go from there to a particular gallery it's indeed an irreversible process.
    What you can do now:
    * alway go from gallery, or
    * click a right mouse button (PC, dunno about macs) and select "open in a new window"
    * get yourself a copy of SE (again, PC only) and enjoy direct access to your gallery pages, automatically in a new window (or the same, depending on your settings:-)

3) As to the CSV export - SE is going to provide this option, just not tomorrow. For now there is no API for stats, and screen scraping is kinda boring, tedious and time consuming process

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"