2007 F1 US Grand Prix at Indy

photosmithyphotosmithy Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited June 24, 2007 in Sports
Hi, all! This is my first post here, but I've been lurking for a little while. The '07 USGP was my first real attempt at motorsports photography, and here are some of my personal faves in my collection. Have a look, and remember, any and all comments are welcome. Thanks!:thumb

165591700-S.jpg
Felipe Massa, Friday Practice.

164774012-S.jpg
Christijan Albers, Saturday Practice.

164773334-S.jpg
IMSA GT3 Cup, Saturday Practice.

165595012-S.jpg
Rubens Barrichello saluting Brazilian fans, Sunday pre-race reconnaissance lap.

Comments

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    Wow - "first real attempt" at motorsports photography or not, these are spectacular! You did a great job panning. I love the shot of Massa, but then, I've always been partial to the guys from Marinello. Would love to see more of your shots!
  • SDJamesSDJames Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2007
    Well done. A co-worker is interested in me shooting his car for a magazine. Don't know much about the sport, but he drag races regularly.

I especially like the background blur in #1...reminds me of the ski jump shot in the Simon Bruty's favorites thread.
    40D, 400 f5.6L, 70-200 f2.8L, 50 f1.8, Tam 17-50 f2.8
  • photosmithyphotosmithy Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2007
    Thanks for the comments so far.

moose135 (and any others interested), I updated my sig with a link to my galleries. There are many, many more photos from the weekend there.

Okay, "first real attempt" is probably a little misleading. I did "practice" a weekend or two beforehand with some local autocross events. mwink.gif Though F1 was still quite a different beast to shoot regardless ... I lost probably twice as many shots as I saved because of shoddy focus due to too slow or too fast panning.