Argh!

ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
edited June 27, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well,
I spent the afternoon shooting it and got chased off one location by the Police so I'm just going to swallow hard and post it anyway at 10:30PM CA time (12:30 in NY) :p :

166356983-L.jpg

Don't worry, not looking for sympathy, just need 'close' the project :)

:hang
Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
SmugMug iOS Sorcerer

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    Sorry it didn't make the deadline, because it's a lovely shot. Since I get chased off of places a lot with my camera too, may I ask what type of location in which you were shooting? :D
  • ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    schmooo wrote:
    Sorry it didn't make the deadline, because it's a lovely shot. Since I get chased off of places a lot with my camera too, may I ask what type of location in which you were shooting? :D

Ah a fellow urban explorer (I poked around your galleries), abandoned buildings and areas are my favorite thing to photograph. We were asked to leave an abandoned (roofless) warehouse in Alviso, CA next to the bay. Alviso has some very weathered old buildings, a couple shacks, and some really old vehicles, one of the few untouched places in the SF bay area. On the plus side the cops told us who to contact if we want permission to enter the area.

I wish people weren't so uptight about walking around on their land, too many lawsuits I guess :p
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited June 25, 2007
    Cool.

I like this abandoned doll - the shot seems to appeal for some strange reason.:D :D

Great minds and all that mumbo jumbolol3.giflol3.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    Nice shot....you got my vote!!! Seriously...I do like it alot! thumb.gif
  • ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    pathfinder wrote:
    Cool.

I like this abandoned doll - the shot seems to appeal for some strange reason.:D :D

Great minds and all that mumbo jumbolol3.giflol3.gif

Hah! Thats great! Thanks guys, the good comments make up for missing the contest, now to make the next round!

:lol4
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2007
    Sizam wrote:
    Ah a fellow urban explorer (I poked around your galleries), abandoned buildings and areas are my favorite thing to photograph. We were asked to leave an abandoned (roofless) warehouse in Alviso, CA next to the bay. Alviso has some very weathered old buildings, a couple shacks, and some really old vehicles, one of the few untouched places in the SF bay area. On the plus side the cops told us who to contact if we want permission to enter the area.

I wish people weren't so uptight about walking around on their land, too many lawsuits I guess :p
    Very cool! I've not heard much from the left coast about places like that. The east is fondly nicknamed "The Rust Belt," so I am told.

That's very kind of the cops to give you information like that. Not many police in my experience are so generous!

Back to your photo - when I saw it I thought immediately of the documentary photos I've seen of Pripyat/Chernobyl. :D
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    I LOVE this picture! I would definitely hang it on my wall.