LPS #8 - by design or chance?

StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
edited June 25, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Explosive..... 4th of July (USA).... 1st of July (Canada)

Any other countries have explosive celebrations during the time period for this round?

We go camping during our long weekend and I'm generally very subdued, sitting in the lake to keep cool.... unless I'm chasing the kids!

Comments

• scottVscottV Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    i thought fireworks immediately, im sure they will be well covered in this round.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    Strikeslip wrote:

Any other countries have explosive celebrations during the time period for this round?

We go camping during our long weekend and I'm generally very subdued, sitting in the lake to keep cool.... unless I'm chasing the kids!
    You mean you're going to be sedate until you start chasing the kids around? :giggle

Where do you go camping? In the Muskoka region?
  • StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    You mean you're going to be sedate until you start chasing the kids around? :giggle

Where do you go camping? In the Muskoka region?
    I'll be sedating nightly, after we get them tucked in. :D We camp at The Pinery, near Grand Bend, Ontario, on Lake Huron. But Grandma and Grandpa Have a cottage in Muskoka, north of Bala.

If you find yourself up in Muskoka, grab The Muskokan newspaper and look for details on their summer-long photo contest. I won a nice prize-pack last summer... hat, t-shirt, coffee table photo book, and some other stuff. Plus, they run your shot in the paper. They prefer journalistic-style shots, but I'll contnue to submit artistic stuff too. deal.gif
  • tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    No Fireworks here...
    In India you see.
    I neither have kids, so can't show sleeping kids too.
    Guess I will have to be content with a cow or two rolleyes1.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    Strikeslip wrote:

I guess just like we saw a whole bunch of crying babies in #7, we're going to see a whole lot of them put to sleep in #8 (pun intended:-) rolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    All the themes were chosen before the contest started so some degree of planning was put behind them mwink.gif
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    Strikeslip wrote:

Rest of the world - Nothingmwink.gif

It looks like it'll be fireworks from my friends in Canada and the US and sleeping babies (or cows or grandparents) from the rest of us.
    All the themes were chosen before the contest started so some degree of planning was put behind them mwink.gif

Does that mean the competition for 31 Dec will something along the lines of "Sparkling or Dull" so the rest of us have chances with fireworks? (5 Nov for the UK - but then we're always the odd ones out)rolleyes1.gif
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course