google search

sheltonshelton Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited July 23, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello all - when i google (on mozilla) my address, I don t get the homepage slideshow anymore but the below...

jason's galleries
these few pages of street photography are one person's vision of the world - subjective, maybe - but without rhetorical intent. enjoy. ...www.jasmorgan.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=nickname&Data=jasonmorgan&format=atom03 - 9k

How do i get the correct page loading and also ensure i have a personalised comment, as above.
Thanks for any help

Comments

• DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2007
    shelton wrote:
    How do i get the correct page loading and also ensure i have a personalised comment, as above.
    Thanks for any help
    There was a change made a while ago to echo whats in your bio description in the meta tags. Google then uses this as the description on it's pages.

Andrew
  • iambackiamback Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    shelton wrote:
    Hello all - when i google (on mozilla) my address, I don t get the homepage slideshow anymore but the below...

jason's galleries
    these few pages of street photography are one person's vision of the world - subjective, maybe - but without rhetorical intent. enjoy. ...www.jasmorgan.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=nickname&Data=jasonmorgan&format=atom03 - 9k

Thanks for any help
    As Dna explained, your bio description gets into your meta description tag now.

As to the page: what google shows you there is not your page, but one of your feeds (which will lead to your page). Since the feeds are linked from the homepage and contain much less code compared to content than a home page does, they have a higher keyword density - I suspect google likes them better for that reason. I've seen several members comment that their feeds come up higher in the search results than their home pages, so your result is no exception.
    Marjolein Katsma
    Look through my eyes on Cultural Surfaces! - customizing... currently in a state between limbo and chaos
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2007
    jwilhovs wrote:
    I too have a question, when I type in my nickname John Wolfe Studios , JohnWolfeStudios.com, or even WWW.johnwolfestudios.com in the google, yahoo search bar, nothing comes up. Only when I type in www.johnwolfestudios.com in the main bar does my homepage come up. I notice when I type in others nicknames, there's come up at the least, nickname powered by smugmug. Any help would be great
    Hi John, welcome to digital grin wave.gif

If you know the web-address, why would you want to search for it?
    When you know the telephone number you are going to dial, you are not going to ask information for it, are you?

Your trial account is 6 days old. It can take much longer than that before your account is properly indexed by the Google bots. See http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=45537 for tips on getting your site found in search engines thumb.gif
  • pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    If you know the web-address, why would you want to search for it?

I get a surprising number of hits from google searches for my domain name. My mom does that too. "So if I want to see YouTube, I go to google and type it in, right?"

Actually I don't like putting my domain name in posts here, especially when I'm asking a stupid question, because they'll show up in the search results for my domain name.

Dave