Google Maps - peculiar Behaviour

FrankCFrankC Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited June 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Since this morning, I have been unable to 'Edit Geography' correctly. When I get a map up to add a marker, after a short time, the screen map area goes black and the map disappears. I have tried repeating and rebooting, to no avail. Sometimes, if I'm very fast, I can get the marker positioned !

Also, when the screen blanks - this is what I see in the top LH corner :

166626531-L.jpg

I.e. Google overlaying the Smugmug logo.

I can use Goggle Maps independently of Smugmug with no problem.

Any ideas of what might cause this ?

Thanks,

Frank

(PS Also still suffering from the frozen/missing stats)

Comments

• FrankCFrankC Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    I have now discovered that this only happens when I use the Opera browser - I'm using version 9.21. Basically it doesn't work. Normal Google Maps (maps.google.com) works fine - so it has to be something related to Smugmapping.

I can get it to work OK on Firefox. However, due to a large number of problems since the latest release of Firefox I have switched to Opera (having been a dedicated Firefox user since the first release).

On a related question - is there any way of mapping more than one photo at a time. I often want to map a cluster of photos in a similar location. It would be great to have a display of thumbnails where you could select each one, and then click on the map - rather than having to go back to the gallery each time.