Artist Point

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited June 29, 2007 in Landscapes
this photo never fails to remind me of the scenery from the movie, "Lord of the Rings"... it's about a mile hike from the very end of the Mt. Baker Highway in the Washington Cascades...

P1100097sm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• toberstobers Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    Very nice detail all the way through the pic from the foreground to the background. Super location as well. The light is a bit "bright" - would be interesting to see this at dawn I think.
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    Beautiful scenery and very clear too. clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    tobers wrote:
    Very nice detail all the way through the pic from the foreground to the background. Super location as well. The light is a bit "bright" - would be interesting to see this at dawn I think.

agreed! unfortunately, to get there at dawn, i'd need to leave the house at 2AM! it's a 3 hour drive, plus a mile hike on a somewhat tricky trail from the parking lot... there is a campground about 15 miles down the mountain toward Bellingham, perhaps that might be an option...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • slflashslflash Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    What if you just went in and hit it with a curve and darkened it up a tad. I bet if you masked off the foreground and lightened it up a bit it would really pop. I grabbed your photo and did the curve, but I am not good enough with the mask yet. Someone else is much better than me to do that.
    Tell me what you think???
    S
    squirl033 wrote:
    this photo never fails to remind me of the scenery from the movie, "Lord of the Rings"... it's about a mile hike from the very end of the Mt. Baker Highway in the Washington Cascades...

P1100097sm.jpg