Motocross Event

Jeff FillmoreJeff Fillmore Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
edited June 27, 2007 in Sports
Looking for something to test out my new 70-200/2.8vr I headed out to the local motocross to take a few shots of my coworkers kid. Late afternoon / early evening light. First time out with the lens and first time shooting a motocross- A lot of fun.

165955272-L-1.jpg

165954245-L.jpg

165954530-L.jpg

165954635-L.jpg

165955505-L.jpg

Here's his kid...

165954028-L.jpg
Thanks!
Jeff

flickr

Comments

• JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Nice action shots. Needs lightning up and cropping a bit to make them stronger...167083153-L.jpg167083213-L.jpg
  • LexiticusLexiticus Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    JoeL wrote:
    Nice action shots. Needs lightning up and cropping a bit to

I disagree, I think it was overkill on the editing, Too much shadow/highlight play, Makes them grainy and they lose their contrast. Maybe my monitor is brighter than yours but I have no problem seeing all the detail in the originals.
  • Dusty SensibaDusty Sensiba Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Same here...
    Lexiticus wrote:
    I disagree, I think it was overkill on the editing, Too much shadow/highlight play, Makes them grainy and they lose their contrast. Maybe my monitor is brighter than yours but I have no problem seeing all the detail in the originals.

My LCD on my laptop is a bit dim and I had no problem seeing detail in the originals.

Great composition and action in those shots, especially the one where the rider is pointing. Good shots.
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Lexiticus wrote:
    I disagree, I think it was overkill on the editing
    I agree the originals could use some work but the edits posted were over the edge. A touch of shadow work, maybe 5%, should work well. By the way, if you're shooting at 200mm or less motocross really responds well to a flash unit. It helps a lot with the shadowy areas.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • emmalouemmalou Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    I like the first set of pics.......there is a mood to motocross for sure....thumb.gif