Ratings support?

sharadmsharadm Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited June 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is there any support in smugmug for the "ratings" that you can assign to photos in apps like lightroom, elements, photoshop, or even Vista? When I upload photos that have been rated I can't find where in smugmug I can even see the rating - forget using it as a first class object to filter / sort.

Is there any way to at least reflect the rating as a keyword? I guess I can always do this manually in my application before uploading, but I'd rather use any native support that is in smugmug.

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    sharadm wrote:
    Is there any support in smugmug for the "ratings" that you can assign to photos in apps like lightroom, elements, photoshop, or even Vista? When I upload photos that have been rated I can't find where in smugmug I can even see the rating - forget using it as a first class object to filter / sort.

Is there any way to at least reflect the rating as a keyword? I guess I can always do this manually in my application before uploading, but I'd rather use any native support that is in smugmug.
    Hello wave.gif

Unfortunately, we don't have a way to use the ratings that you refer to, I'm sorry.

What I can suggest is a keyword perhaps. Like "5star" or "3star"? that way you can select that keyword and see your photos that are 'rated' the same.

hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions.
  • sharadmsharadm Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 27, 2007
    thanks for the prompt response.

Is this on the radar for adding as a feature? Specially with Vista showing ratings & allowing sorting etc in the shell directly I would imagine that this would get used more and more going forward.

Should I add this in the sticky feature request thread?