30D raw not compatible?

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited June 29, 2007 in Cameras
everytime i try to open a 30D's raw file in CS2 to edit it i keep getting the same message" Not the right kind of document. am i missing a chunk of software that i need? i've installed everything that came with the 30D and still no luck:scratch what am i not getting here
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited June 27, 2007
    DanielB wrote:
    everytime i try to open a 30D's raw file in CS2 to edit it i keep getting the same message" Not the right kind of document. am i missing a chunk of software that i need? i've installed everything that came with the 30D and still no luckheadscratch.gif what am i not getting here

You probably need to update ACR from the Adobe web site.
  • gryphonslair99gryphonslair99 Registered Users Posts: 182 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Yep, you need the newest ACR for CS2. Had the same problem. Works fine now.
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Yep, you need the newest ACR for CS2. Had the same problem. Works fine now.

sry but does acr stand for acrobat reader? just double checkin
    Daniel Bauer

• wesleytwesleyt Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2007
    Daniel,

ACR is Adobe Camera Raw. It seems your version of CS2 doesn't include support for the 30D Raw format. I think you can go to help in PS and tell it to check for updates; it should find the update for ACR.

Regards,
    Wes
    edited June 28, 2007
    wesleyt wrote:
    Daniel,

ACR is Adobe Camera Raw. It seems your version of CS2 doesn't include support for the 30D Raw format. I think you can go to help in PS and tell it to check for updates; it should find the update for ACR.

Regards,
    Wes

that'd do it thumb.gif sry i've been outta touch with this stuff for too long
    Daniel Bauer

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited June 28, 2007
    Daniel, while you're at it, the copy of Canon Digital Photo Professional that comes with the 30D can be installed and should then updated at Canon's website. They're on 3.x currently. While ACR gives offers just about every control (shy of CS3's ACR 4.x) you would ever need, having a 2nd RAW application (and its free) just makes good sense and you might find something there that you like.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • wesleytwesleyt Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif Canon's DPP is a good piece of software. I use it whenever I'm working on the rare pic that doesn't need to go into Lightroom.
    edited June 28, 2007
    David_S85 wrote:
    Daniel, while you're at it, the copy of Canon Digital Photo Professional that comes with the 30D can be installed and should then updated at Canon's website. They're on 3.x currently. While ACR gives offers just about every control (shy of CS3's ACR 4.x) you would ever need, having a 2nd RAW application (and its free) just makes good sense and you might find something there that you like.

will do shaythumb.gif thanks
    Daniel Bauer

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited June 29, 2007
    Originally Posted by David_S85

DanielB wrote:

headscratch.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    DanielB wrote:
    lol3.gif