3 new Motard imgs

Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
edited July 2, 2007 in Sports
Getting better at this! Taking panning shots, handheld, and using faster glass.

Also fill flash using an SB800 unit in remote on a tripod for some of the shots. I'm starting to get more "pop" to the pics. (I'm also getting a better at intermediate tools in Capture NX!) This is all very exciting.

167272071-L.jpg

167271776-L.jpg

167272415-L.jpg

Whaddya think? I'm constantly reading and reviewing Dgrin for more methods to shoot this stuff and I'm getting more and more ideas. Like practicing on random cars as they shoot past me on the street :thumb I'll be on that one this weekend!

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome and appreciated. I'm using a macbook(glossy) so it's really hard to say how much "pop" images actually have.

VI
dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.

Comments

• mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    Number 1 is nice in composition but doesn't look too sharp. Either you didn't pan precisely enough or the focus is a touch off, or you didn't sharpen the image before posting. Lots of things could be the reason. Number 2 does nothing for me. Its just way too extreme a crop. Number 3 would be better if the rear wheel was not clipped off the photo. That's one detail you will get better at with more practice. Keep at it.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    I think these look pretty good, but I would have two comments. The flash on #1 seems overwhelming. You can actually see sharp photos on parts of the bike from fenders, etc... The one with the close crop would work for me if the biker was on the right hand side of the shot looking to the left, with the handlebars and part of the front fork in view.

Overall though you got some nice looking shots! clap.gif
  • Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    thanks for the tips! Agree with the flash. I was using an SB800 off camera in manual mode and I'm still trying to figure it all out. Getting there in baby steps, though. And as for the sharpness, it's all about the panning. I need to work on that as well as using focus lock rather than trying to use auto focus. That's why I go every week! thumb.gif

VI
    dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.