Options

More ignorance from me

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited February 15, 2005 in Cameras
If I get the 20D and the 70-200 2.8 IS L would you recommend me getting a polarizer for it immediately? I am strongly considering buying this set up for the trip to Maui I am taking on Saturday to be able to film the humpback whales.

I am also buying the 1.4x TC with it.

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited February 15, 2005
    Brandon,

IMO, picking up a Circular Pol before the trip would be a good idea. For whale watching, it'll help cut the glare off the water. Plus, if you're close enough and at the right angle, it will help you see down a few feet into the water (like polarized sunglasses do). It'll cost you some shutter speed, but it'll be worth it, IMO.

The only problem is for a 77mm filter, you're looking at $80-$120 :(:

Have fun in Hawaii clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2005
    When dropping that amount of money for the cam, TC and lens....$80 is not that much to worry about.

Brandon,

IMO, picking up a Circular Pol before the trip would be a good idea. For whale watching, it'll help cut the glare off the water. Plus, if you're close enough and at the right angle, it will help you see down a few feet into the water (like polarized sunglasses do). It'll cost you some shutter speed, but it'll be worth it, IMO.

The only problem is for a 77mm filter, you're looking at $80-$120 :(:

Have fun in Hawaii clap.gif

Steve
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2005
    Buydig.com has a polarizer from a company called "Crystal Optics" I have not heard of them, I usually buy Hoya.....reputable?