Damsel Fly

DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited June 28, 2007 in Holy Macro
I was watering the front yard today and spotted this damsel fly. I turned off the hose and told Matty to keep an eye on it for me while I ran into the house to get the camera. I was sure it'd be gone by the time I got back, but thought it was worth a shot.

I was surprised to see it still resting on the same leaf, even though I had to take time to put the lens and tubes on the camera. It stuck around long enough for me to take several pictures. Here's a couple of my favorites. :)

IMG_7687-1_800px.JPG

IMG_7707-1_800px.JPG
~Debbie~
Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
28-105mm
100-300mm USM
100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    Wonderful captures- well done :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    Debboggy wrote:
    I was watering the front yard today and spotted this damsel fly. I turned off the hose and told Matty to keep an eye on it for me while I ran into the house to get the camera. I was sure it'd be gone by the time I got back, but thought it was worth a shot.

I was surprised to see it still resting on the same leaf, even though I had to take time to put the lens and tubes on the camera. It stuck around long enough for me to take several pictures. Here's a couple of my favorites. :)

Hi Deb, these little Blue Damsels are favourites of mine too.
    I love their little bobble eyes, and sleek bodies.
    The brilliance of the Metalec Blues found in these little fellows really make them stand out.

Lovely shots thumb.gif .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    Thanks for the replies. :D

I wish there were more of these around here. This is the only one I've ever seen in my yard. (I saw it once a few days ago too, but never any others). I've only seen one dragon fly here as well. Anybody know what to plant to draw them in? ne_nau.gifrolleyes1.gif
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    These are beautiful very weldone
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery