Options

Potential problem - featured galleries gone

bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
edited February 15, 2005 in SmugMug Support
When I logged in today I had no feature galleries. I added one and the other three I had suddenly appeared. Then I deleted the one I added, since it was now duplicated and they all disappeared again.

What is up. I noticed that a few other people have posted other problems yesterday, odd errors.
"A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me

Comments

• Options
    BenBen Vanilla Admin Posts: 513 SmugMug Employee
    edited February 15, 2005
    bham wrote:
    When I logged in today I had no feature galleries. I added one and the other three I had suddenly appeared. Then I deleted the one I added, since it was now duplicated and they all disappeared again.

What is up. I noticed that a few other people have posted other problems yesterday, odd errors.
    Hrm. Can you link me to your account so I can play around with it and see if I can replicate it? Also... indicate which is the new one, and which are the 3 old ones. Thanks!
    Smug since 2003
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2005
    Ben wrote:
    Hrm. Can you link me to your account so I can play around with it and see if I can replicate it? Also... indicate which is the new one, and which are the 3 old ones. Thanks!
    I appreciate that but I was needing to rearrange it anyway so added a new one and rearranged the others. Just odd thought that I go to log in today and voila, no featured galleries.

Just thought I would let you know about that if something you did during maintenance my have changed something, etc.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2005
    bham wrote:
    I appreciate that but I was needing to rearrange it anyway so added a new one and rearranged the others. Just odd thought that I go to log in today and voila, no featured galleries.

Just thought I would let you know about that if something you did during maintenance my have changed something, etc.

With Featured galleries, they must be featured in order. For example, if nothing is in Featured Slot #1, but there are galleries in slots 2, 3, and 4, nothing will be displayed.

It "cascades" down from #1, if that makes sense.

We should probably enhance that or make it more clear, but I'll bet that's what you were seeing.

Sorry about that!

Don
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2005
    onethumb wrote:
    With Featured galleries, they must be featured in order. For example, if nothing is in Featured Slot #1, but there are galleries in slots 2, 3, and 4, nothing will be displayed.

It "cascades" down from #1, if that makes sense.

We should probably enhance that or make it more clear, but I'll bet that's what you were seeing.

Sorry about that!

Don
    No I figured that out sometime in the last year. When my page came up this morning, it was like no galleries were featured. Then I added one to the 4th position, which was empty, and viola they were all there. I then hit don't feature on the gallery in position 4, and viola they were all gone. I couldn't figure it out.

Then I posted the question here in Dgrin.

That is when I figured I needed to change my featured galleries order and which ones were featured so I went and added 4.

I just write it up to some crazy thing I will never know what happened.

I just figured something happened overnite.

Ya'll do a great job with the site and all the additional things you keep adding. I am extremly happy with the service. Keep up the great work.