Options

Daily Thought

JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
edited June 30, 2007 in Landscapes
Every working day for the past 2 years, I drove by this little Mercedes that's parked in the garage of a large broadcasting company. Every day for the past 2 years I thought "Now there is someone making a bit of an idiot of himself. I should take a photo of that silly license plate". After 2 years I finally pulled over, took out the camera and shot it.

IMG_5563.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    Nice shot.

Is the car by chance registered in Stuttgart?
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    edited June 29, 2007
    Dixie wrote:
    Nice shot.

Is the car by chance registered in Stuttgart?

I guess so. I'm not German, I live in Amsterdam.
  • Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    Jeroen wrote:
    I guess so. I'm not German, I live in Amsterdam.

I'm pretty sure that it is registered in Stuttgart. I was stationed in Germany twice while I was in the US military. I got a chuckle from a number of their license plates which meant nothing to them, but in English spelled words ranging from the profound to the profane.

I did want to emphasize that you really do have a very good shot of the MB. Automobiles are not the easiest to shoot with reflections, hot spots, etc. You did an excellent job with this one.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2007

You have some impressive stuff on your website.
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    Great shot and perfect lighting. Its tough to get good car shots and this is great!
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.