Options

Las Vegas to St George, UT

ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
edited June 29, 2007 in Landscapes
For work reasons I had to (got to) drive up from Las Vegas to Utah. Having been around Las Vegas a lot, I decided not to take my good camera. Big mistake - the route is pretty cool.

Fortunately I had my Canon SD600 P&S along.

The route throught the Virgin River Gorge:
It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.

Comments

• Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2007
    I wanna move outwest so bad, but no one listens to me Laughing.gif Beautiful, i'll exchange our beaches for your mountains anytime!!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited June 29, 2007
    Hi George,wave.gif

Looks like you had a good trip.

There a lot of neat areas in an around Vegas. Night shots in town, and north into the mountains for sunrise. The road to St George has a lot of neat areas. Southern Utah has to be seen to be believed.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    I just did that trip 2 weeks ago, all the way to Zion, Cedar Breaks and the North Rim. If you do it again, stop by the Valley of Fire state park about 42 miles up I-15 from Vegas and 18 miles east. It is everything they say, but I would recommend going early in the morning or end of day. You not only get better light, but it is hot :splat hiking thru there at noon. Unfortunately that was the only time I could get there this trip.
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac