Options

Ordered It

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited February 18, 2005 in Cameras
20d
70-200IS L f/2.8
1.4x TC
Circ Polarizer

Buydig.com had good prices today. Ordered it with next day air shipping and still saved nearly $1000 over Talls Camera here in Seattle

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2005
    I am excited for you. I wish I needed that lens and had the money for it. It is a good thing I don't need it.

I will add the info that I do have the 17-40L, and I would get that over the 50 Prime. No matter how long it took me. It is a wonderful lens, and for weddings, you will need that width. Remember these are digital figures. I know with the REbel the film figures are 1.6 times the length of the digital figures, so a 50 is not really a "normal" lens on a digital camera. I too have a 20D now and I don't know how it computes, but it would be similar.

In weddings you get groups..........sometimes big groups. I would want, you will want, the flexibility that the 17-40L will give you. Besides, it is an awesome lens. I got mine from fish. Watch here, or FM, maybe someone else will have one for sale that is closer to your pennies now.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2005
    Hopefully I get the learning curve out of the way before really having a good opportunity with the whales.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2005
    BBones wrote:
    Hopefully I get the learning curve out of the way before really having a good opportunity with the whales.

What camera are you currently using? Your biggest learning curve my be processing the images to get the most out of each shot. This was the hardest thing for me moving up from P&S to DSLR.

Congrats on a great setup. I'm sure your going to love it.

Dave
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2005
    Sony 828 is what I am using now. Photoshop CS on the editing side
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    GOT IT!!!!

How long does the battery take to charge up??!?!?!?!

not that I am excited or anything
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    2 hr 30 min for a full charge is typial with bp-511 type batteries (give it a full hour after the light goes from blinking to steady).
    Richard
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    BBones wrote:
    GOT IT!!!!

How long does the battery take to charge up??!?!?!?!

not that I am excited or anything
    Couple of hours, read the manual in the meantime :D
    congrats on your purchase clap.gifclap.gif
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    If you got a spare battery, throw a one-hr charge on one of them, swap for the backup battery and go shootin'!
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    No spares, this is my first step away from the Sony world. Helluva step too with all the money spent but I am stoked. Leave for Maui in the morning and can't wait to film the whales with the 70-200 IS L 2.8 with the 1.4x TC on it too. Equiv 448mm...this means of course all the whales will be 10 feet from the boat making the zoom useless

:)
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Words cannot describe how I felt when I opened the boxes I received, full of berand new camera gear. There is something about ordering it from somewhere far away and having it delivered (at work especially) that transcends any local camera store feeling. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    very VERY true. All these boxes around me.

Though I forgot to bring a CF card into the office with me....I R smurt
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    The hardest part for me is waiting for the battery to charge so I can use the new toy! eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2005
    Stopped flashing about an 45 minutes ago. 11:30 I am going to go try it out.