Options

Not-quite-abstract wall

BeaKeRBeaKeR Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited June 29, 2007 in Landscapes
I found this striking color combination while biking around downtown Denver. I was going for a not-quite-abstract shot here, focused on the color and shape of the walls & doorways.

I would greatly appreciate any comments & criticism. In particular, do you think I pushed the contract & saturation too far? Also, I left a bit of the ground in the lower-right corner of the frame, which I'm not sure was a good idea.

Thanks for looking!

166724295-L.jpg

Linked to full size, EXIF is embedded.

Comments

• Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    I like the abstract. I agree with getting rid of the ground in the lower-right corner. The color and saturation is great. thumb.gif

I recommend that you right-click protect your images on your smugmug site. I also don't allow people to view the original on mine because even with right-click protect, visitors can still steal your images.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    That is cool shot
    And yes clone the ground away

Fred
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited June 29, 2007
    Very nice shot. Yes, definitely get rid of the ground. I would consider pushing it even more by cloning out the shadow of the antenna, or whatever that is, which would bring it closer to pure color and form. Just a thought.

Regards,