Options

What am I doing Wrong?

rescue951rescue951 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited March 2, 2004 in Finishing School
Hello all this is my first post, Great site, anyhow I'm using PS 6. I am taking photos with a Canon 300D @ the Large/FINE quality. When I open a file in PS, and goto image size it reads pixels @ 3072x2048 and 72ppi. However recently I had some photos I had enlarged, taken with the same camera/settings. And it shows same pixels, but ppi is 150. No cropping, or resampling was done, only color adjustment.

Could I have messed with a setting in PS that now shows all my photos with a default of 72ppi? My question is why do all my photos with this camera now have a ppi of 72?

Just FYI when I open any of the same photos in MS PAINT, it shows all my 300D photos with a 180 ppi?

Corn-Fused
rob

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2004
    rescue951 wrote:
    Hello all this is my first post, Great site, anyhow I'm using PS 6. I am taking photos with a Canon 300D @ the Large/FINE quality. When I open a file in PS, and goto image size it reads pixels @ 3072x2048 and 72ppi. However recently I had some photos I had enlarged, taken with the same camera/settings. And it shows same pixels, but ppi is 150. No cropping, or resampling was done, only color adjustment.

Could I have messed with a setting in PS that now shows all my photos with a default of 72ppi? My question is why do all my photos with this camera now have a ppi of 72?

Just FYI when I open any of the same photos in MS PAINT, it shows all my 300D photos with a 180 ppi?

Corn-Fused
    rob
    I'm new at this as well but I think in the image size window there is an auto resolution sub window, where you can chose your default setting. Mine is set at "best" and yields a default resolution of 180. I don't think it really matters much, since I am always rezing to print anyway.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2004
    Hi Rescue, welcome to the site. wave.gif

Have you tried saving a photo at something other than 72 ppi? And then opened a second image, and see if the Image box now shows whatever ppi you last used?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    rescue951rescue951 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Hi Rescue, welcome to the site. wave.gif

Have you tried saving a photo at something other than 72 ppi? And then opened a second image, and see if the Image box now shows whatever ppi you last used?
    Duh I figured it out, boy am I GREEN...........
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2004
    1drink.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au