Lightroom: how to get view update in Develop Module

canoflancanoflan Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited June 29, 2007 in Finishing School
I have been using Lightroom since Beta 1 and now that I have upgraded to LR 1.1, I see that the sharpening part of the Dev Module doesn't real time update unless you are at 100%. The only way for me to see the effect of sharpening at full view is to go back to the Library Module, zoom in, let it update, then zoom back to full view.

This doesn't make sense. Do I need to change some preference setting to see the sharpening real time in Develop at full view (not only 100%)?

Pat

Comments

• arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    canoflan wrote:
    This doesn't make sense. Do I need to change some preference setting to see the sharpening real time in Develop at full view (not only 100%)?

Pat

Zoom previews of less than 100% are not accurate so that's why the limitations are placed.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • canoflancanoflan Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    arodney wrote:
    Zoom previews of less than 100% are not accurate so that's why the limitations are placed.

Got you there, however, do you think they can change this in subsequent updates/versions? If I am able to see in the Library a rendering of the sharpened version at full view, I would think they could allow real time at full view (not to replace sharpening at 100%). Should I send a message to Adobe in their forums, or do you think that most will not care about what I am talking about? I guess, since there is a way to see the effects full view, the extra steps to the Library Module may be worth it.