How to easily copy histogram as jpg in XP?

TanukiTanuki Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
edited June 29, 2007 in Finishing School
I'm working in Windows XP, and I would like to copy the histogram window from PSE for including in some of my posts. I currently have to use PrtSc to capture the entire screen, then edit to include only the histogram. I recall in earlier versions of Windows I could use Ctrl-PrtSc, Shift-PrtSc and Alt-PrtSc as well, and one of them just copied the active window (I can't remember which). But the Ctrl, Shift and Alt variants don't seem to work in XP.

Does anyone have a better method? And no, "use a Mac" is not a valid answer to this question. :nono :wink

Mike

Comments

• mike_kmike_k Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    Alt+PrtSc should work in XP to capture the active window. Is the histogram in PSE in its own window or is it a part of the main window? In C3 the histogram is on a tab which belongs to the main window - it's not in a separate window.

You could try something like Snag-It which allows you to select a specific region to capture. It's not free, but I would guess that there are freeware apps that allow you to do the same.
  • TanukiTanuki Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    mike_k wrote:
    Alt+PrtSc should work in XP to capture the active window. Is the histogram in PSE in its own window or is it a part of the main window? In C3 the histogram is on a tab which belongs to the main window - it's not in a separate window.

You could try something like Snag-It which allows you to select a specific region to capture. It's not free, but I would guess that there are freeware apps that allow you to do the same.

Okay, I tested Alt-PrtSc and it does capture the active window, but as you said the histogram is not an independent window. So I have to open a new PSE file, crop to the histogram window and then copy or save the result.

I like your suggestion about Snag-It, although I am going to look for a freeware solution first.

Thanks!