This mornings bugs & flowers

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited July 2, 2007 in Holy Macro
So if ay Canon people out there have the opportunity to buy a 135mmf2, don't think twice. Every time I use this lens, no matter the subject, I am awed by the results.

167843708-M.jpg

167843692-M.jpg

167843679-M.jpg

167843703-M.jpg

of course, these are 100% crops, so I'd love to find this quality in a longer macro lens. Suggestions?

ann

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    Lovely shots ann i like them i would have moved the camer little more upwards in 1st one
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    Thanks Awais. i appreciate your advice on the perspective - I was trying to get a flat view of the daisy - sort of an "I'm on top of the world" perspective for the bug!

I like the 'fried egg' shape of the daisies.

Appreciate you stopping by.

ann

Lovely shots ann i like them i would have moved the camer little more upwards in 1st one
    edited June 30, 2007
    A few more - especially fond of the dragonfly - just to know they are around now and I can hope for more shots like that. 167983796-M.jpg I also have a few butterflies hovering near the garden.

167983793-M.jpg

167983782-M.jpg

ann
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    Great shots! Do you really use that f2? There seems to be lots of sunlight there. I'd like to try that lens. Sounds interesting.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    So if ay Canon people out there have the opportunity to buy a 135mmf2, don't think twice. Every time I use this lens, no matter the subject, I am awed by the results.
    of course, these are 100% crops, so I'd love to find this quality in a longer macro lens. Suggestions?
    ann

Well!! this hardly seems fair Ms Ann !
    You've not only got squirrels and Spike but you have spiders, dragonflies, bees etc eek7.gif

Dang why am I not at your place now already ???? rolleyes1.gif
    Gawwwd just aint right to see you folks posting bug and critter shots I tell you rolleyes1.gif .... lets see, there's 75 more sleeps to go now rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for teasing .... ooops I mean sharing rolleyes1.gif .... Skippy rolleyes1.gif
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited July 1, 2007
    Hi Susan

Yep, I used that lens, but the apeture varied from shot to shot. I really enjoy experimenting with DOF and fiddling to get the best comb of sharp focus and narrow DOF.

ann
    snapapple wrote:
    Great shots! Do you really use that f2? There seems to be lots of sunlight there. I'd like to try that lens. Sounds interesting.
    edited July 1, 2007
    But, we also have snow, freezing rain, floods, drought, wind 17 hrs of sunlight in summer comlimented (?) bu less than 8 in the winter....

At least you have warm weather all the time!

ann
    Skippy wrote:
    Well!! this hardly seems fair Ms Ann !
    You've not only got squirrels and Spike but you have spiders, dragonflies, bees etc eek7.gif

Dang why am I not at your place now already ???? rolleyes1.gif
    Gawwwd just aint right to see you folks posting bug and critter shots I tell you rolleyes1.gif .... lets see, there's 75 more sleeps to go now rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for teasing .... ooops I mean sharing rolleyes1.gif .... Skippy rolleyes1.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    At least you have warm weather all the time!

ann

I live in the cold part of Australia Ann :D Gus is in the warm part.
    Even the water in the Ocean is warm up North, but not down my way.

It's the Northern parts of Australia that are Tropical,
    the Southern part is much cooler.

I'm in the part closest to the South Pole nod.gif
    Well Tasmania is closer, but we're next, we've even had a few tornado's over the years, most recent was a few weeks ago in Lara.

That's why there are no Theme Parks down South Ann, the weather is too sucky, they wouldn't get the crowds like they do in Queensland with the much warmer climate......... trust me if we had mountains down this way we'd get snow for sure :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited July 2, 2007
    Hehehe......define cold, my friend...or shall I say, just you wait and see.

ann

Skippy wrote:
    I live in the cold part of Australia Ann :D Gus is in the warm part.
    :D .... Skippy