1st Try at LPS#8

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 2, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
When i was shooting i was thinking of explosion it is rainy these days. Shot the picture. When i was shooting i thought i will name it "When we will fall.."
then i saw word Sedate in dictionary then i thought i should name it "Relax we will fall"
to me they are father and son :rofl:scratch:huh

167864153-L.jpg

http://awais.smugmug.com/photos/167864153-O.jpg

About photo that black thing is Iron bar of main gate of my house these water drops were resting under that iron bar which was rusted. I squeezed lens hood into Iron bar which enabled me to shoot at 1/6 sec with little zoom still i was not able to completely eliminate blur as it was too high for my new 6 feet tripod :rolleyes. I turned green gate to to blue in ps
1/6 sec F 3.5 ,ISO 80 Sony H5, 15mm, 6/28/2007
If i participated in LPS regularly it will surely improve my English :wink
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    Hi Awais! wave.gif

I've seen you post in some of the other areas here. Glad to see you're submitting a photo for LPS!

This is a nice submission for "explosive". thumb.gif The bubbles look like they're moments from causing the drops to explode. The top half of the photo looks a bit dark, though. What I would try doing is experimenting with some crops to remove some of that dark area.

headscratch.gif Hmmmm....a macro closeup shot of those drops might be worth investigating.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    Yes, your English will certainly improve!

I agree with Linda on what should come out of it. Either crop most or all of the dark area out to make this shot a landscape rather than portrait, or possibly even this is a candidate for the 10:4 crop that is being discussed here in the contests section.

As for theme adherence, I thought more of tranquility more than explolsive when I saw it, but that's only my first impression. I see everything Linda's talking about.

Nice job without a tripod!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2007
    Thanks Linda and Mark i am little affraid from cropping as it will distort the image this is already cropped. Linda i shot it with macro mode and H5 goes 2cm close to subject.I will try to do something with black
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    Thanks Linda and Mark i am little affraid from cropping as it will distort the image this is already cropped. Linda i shot it with macro mode and H5 goes 2cm close to subject.I will try to do something with black

I like this a lot Awais. I do agree that you should cut more of the black. The drops are a bit too centered for my taste.

That ebing said, I this captures very well what I think is the main opportunity of this theme- potential energy or action.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
    edited June 30, 2007
    thanks mate

What about now

168117342-L.jpg

My Gallery
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    Nice. That looks good.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    Stunning to me, almost exactly as I would have cropped it!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    thanks mate

What about now

thumb.gif Nice!
  • BistiArtBistiArt Registered Users Posts: 307 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Explosion's Aids
    thanks mate
    What about now

I wonder if a little blending might make this image more 'explosive'...

for example, screen white opacity ~ 11% to segregate the black bar from the drops

then multiply, balck opacity ~ 6 to make the innards (inner portions...) somewhat darker

would both add to the sense of impending explosion?
    Joe

[FONT=&quot]As You Think, So Shall You BE... Rumi, 13th Century Persian Poet

Award-Winning Photography, Workshop Instructor, Storyteller, Writer

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Blog: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pathways of Light[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Workshops: Creating Fine Art Magic[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Book: Paths of Light [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Workshops: 2011 Lightroom 3 Workshops
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Galleries, Bisti Art
    [/FONT]
    edited July 2, 2007
    BistiArt wrote:
    I wonder if a little blending might make this image more 'explosive'...

for example, screen white opacity ~ 11% to segregate the black bar from the drops

then multiply, balck opacity ~ 6 to make the innards (inner portions...) somewhat darker

would both add to the sense of impending explosion?

Great thanks for sharing this technique i liked it a lot thumb.gif

My Gallery