Options

NY skyline at night

msdremsdre Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited February 15, 2005 in Landscapes
hello,

i just started posting here. thought it would be nice to know what other people think of my photographs.

15959894-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2005
    msdre wrote:
    hello,

i just started posting here. thought it would be nice to know what other people think of my photographs.

15959894-M.jpg

Hi msdre...welcome to dagrin.

I suppose in the loosest definition, that's a skyline, but for me, the image should be a horizon to be called a skyline. Also, the streetsigns are OOF, which kinda blows it for me.

Keep trying!

:fish
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2005
    I dig the composition for the most part, the colors, and the way the light is playing off the mist / clouds / fog / whatever it is... The OOF on the sign is a bit of a problem. I'm guessing this was hand-held? Maybe a tripod would do the trick for you on this one. I kind of wish the sign were a little bit lower and a little more right in the frame. There's not too much going on at the bottom, so perhaps a crop would be useful. Thanks for sharing!
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.