Options

Canadian Forces Snowbirds Over Cobourg (LARGE POST)

HarvHarv Registered Users Posts: 1,105 Major grins
edited July 1, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Those of you who know me also know that I photograph mostly wildlife, primarily birds. Today was a day to photograph birds of the fixed wing variety.

Each year on the Canada Day Weekend, the town of Cobourg where I live hosts a three day Waterfront Festival. It is estimated that the festival brings approximately 55,000 visitors to our town of 17,500. Most years as part of this festival we get to enjoy an air show performed by the Canadian Forces aerobatics team, the Snowbirds. My good friend Bob joined me today to photograph this event.

1D MkIIn, 300 f/2.8L IS, Bushhawk
ISO400, f/8, 1/1,600 Sec.

168117847-O.jpg

168117854-O.jpg

168117859-O.jpg

168117868-O.jpg

168117873-O.jpg

168117881-O.jpg

168117889-O.jpg

168117899-O.jpg

168117915-O.jpg

168117925-O.jpg

168117938-O.jpg

168117946-O.jpg

168117969-O.jpg

168117974-O.jpg

168117985-O.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:D

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    These are great. Great job done
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    bowdown.gifbowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2007
    These are great. Great job done

Thanks very much for the kind words.
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    Outstanding shots!! I love shooting planes, one of my fav. subjects clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Thanks a lot, Andy. Much appreciated.
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Outstanding shots!! I love shooting planes, one of my fav. subjects clap.gif

Thanks very much, Marina. This is a small town and the Snowbirds were the only team here for the festival. One day I'd like to shoot a full air show. I think it would be a blast.
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    Fantastic!
    Harv, these are fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing.

The Snow Birds were just south of here for the St. Thomas Air Show about a week ago. They were scheduled to do a 'fly by' over our hospital for our Veterans. I was poised for the shot but they flew farther west and no shot, and no view for the Vets unfortunately. headscratch.gif

Your photos make up for our missed opportunity. Stunning!

Patti
    London
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2007
    Patti wrote:
    Harv, these are fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing.

The Snow Birds were just south of here for the St. Thomas Air Show about a week ago. They were scheduled to do a 'fly by' over our hospital for our Veterans. I was poised for the shot but they flew farther west and no shot, and no view for the Vets unfortunately. headscratch.gif

Your photos make up for our missed opportunity. Stunning!

Patti
    London

Patti, thanks so much for your kind words. I'm sorry you missed the opportunity. They are a very talented team. Hopefully, you will find another opportunity to see them.

I had intended to go to St.Thomas for the Wings & Wheels show last weekend but a funeral I attended took precedence.
  • Options
    SerratorSerrator Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2007
    Harv...wonderful shots! You did an outstanding job!!

We are having our annual airshow next weekend here...now I can't wait. Love the precision and power shown in yours.
    My Photo Playground:
    www.flickr.com/photos/serrator
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Harv wrote:
    Those of you who know me also know that I photograph mostly wildlife, primarily birds. Today was a day to photograph birds of the fixed wing variety.

Each year on the Canada Day Weekend, the town of Cobourg where I live hosts a three day Waterfront Festival. It is estimated that the festival brings approximately 55,000 visitors to our town of 17,500. Most years as part of this festival we get to enjoy an air show performed by the Canadian Forces aerobatics team, the Snowbirds. My good friend Bob joined me today to photograph this event.

1D MkIIn, 300 f/2.8L IS, Bushhawk
    ISO400, f/8, 1/1,600 Sec.

Thanks for looking.

:D

Ohhhhhhhhhhh my,my,my Harv :jawdrop
    These are Super Cool clap.gif :ivar wings.gif
    Awesome!
    What a series bowdown.gif .... Thanks for sharing .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    great shots. some of those remind me of some pics i took of the Snowbirds at an airshow here in the states back in the late 1980's... i really need to get to an airshow again one of these days. haven't been since i got a DSLR and a really good zoom, methinks it's time to give it a try!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2007
    Serrator wrote:
    Harv...wonderful shots! You did an outstanding job!!

We are having our annual airshow next weekend here...now I can't wait. Love the precision and power shown in yours.

Thank you very much. I appreciate you looking in and commenting. I hope you enjoy your show as much as we did ours. It can be a lot of fun. I look forward to your pics.
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh my,my,my Harv :jawdrop
    These are Super Cool clap.gif :ivar wings.gif
    Awesome!
    What a series bowdown.gif .... Thanks for sharing .... Skippy

Thanks a lot, Skippy. You're very kind.
  • Options
    edited July 1, 2007
    squirl033 wrote:
    great shots. some of those remind me of some pics i took of the Snowbirds at an airshow here in the states back in the late 1980's... i really need to get to an airshow again one of these days. haven't been since i got a DSLR and a really good zoom, methinks it's time to give it a try!

Thanks for looking and kind words. I'm sure if you got out to a show you'd really enjoy it. It can be a real rush.
  • Options
    pnphotopnphoto Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Very well done! Now I am really looking forward to the Snowbirds visit here July 21!
    Pete

www.pnphoto.smugmug.com

edited July 1, 2007
    pnphoto wrote:
    Very well done! Now I am really looking forward to the Snowbirds visit here July 21!

Thanks a lot. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.