Tasmanias coldest June on record in photos.

toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
edited July 1, 2007 in Landscapes
Tasmania had its offical coldest month on record for June. It almost feels tropical now that weather in the day gets to 11c, instead of a top of 8!

I have added a few images that are my experiences of the cold streak in and around Hobart, Tasmania.

1. The ever changing and dominant Mt Wellington. Its an amazing mountain to photograph as its always changing. The snow adds to the dimension of it.

168305622-L.jpg

2.This photo was taken on the summit of Mt Wellington. It was closed off to the public for days, and just after we got back from walking around the base of the mountain it was opened late Friday afternoon. They had to have police up there on the weekend guiding traffic it was so busy. It was great to be able to get up there so soon as the snow was still fresh for photos. Mind you the hands were rather fresh as well!

168305624-L.jpg

3. Another from the summit - just before my hands nearly fell off!

168305627-L.jpg

4. Departing...

168305629-L.jpg

Comments

• ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    World is surely upside down. Great shots, i didn't expect Tazmania to have snow. Very cool and thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    The summit
    Photo #2, what exquisite lighting you caught! clap.gif
  • toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Dee wrote:
    Photo #2, what exquisite lighting you caught! clap.gif
    Yes, the sun came out for about 10 minutes which added further impact to the snow. It didn't seem to warm my hands up thought!
    Thanks for your comments.
  • toadlettoadlet Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    World is surely upside down. Great shots, i didn't expect Tazmania to have snow. Very cool and thanks for sharing! thumb.gif

Yep, indeed it snows in Tasmania. Its average C tempreture is somewhere around 23c there are mountain ranges with snow on them even in the summer time.