Anyone on dieting ?

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 3, 2007 in Holy Macro
well this is not for him
168415650-L.jpg

168414493-L.jpg

Well these are deep fried things called Papd here they are crispy and made from rice. This is home industry in Pakistan.I have to only fry them and eat the colorful olne comes in differentr design :D
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• riz_satriz_sat Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Papad*

nice shots
    i like the second type of papad alot hehehe
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Good food shots Awais
    Love the color

And now I am off to the refrigerator :D

Fred
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Thanks Awais!! You making me want to get up and go cook some macaroni rolleyes1.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    Thanks
    Well it 3 am here but i am hungry again have to eat mango mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2007
    well this is not for him

Well these are deep fried things called Papd here they are crispy and made from rice. This is home industry in Pakistan.I have to only fry them and eat the colorful olne comes in differentr design :D

Are the coloured type sweet?
    I've not seen those ones before.

I have seen the bottom ones before, we have a few Indian Restaurants in Town, one of our Registra's is from Pakistan I see him eating these things with his meals sometimes.

Thanks for sharing Awais :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited July 2, 2007
    Hi Skippy
    No they are not sweet. These are not eaten with meal its impossible to bend them they are very crispy.The thing that Pakistani eats is Bread it is soft eaten with soup type of meals it is made of flour. :D
    These in photos are deep fried usually good with evening tea.Oil is nothing to do with what you have seen but if you add little oil it becomes "Pratha" these are made in all indian pakistani homes everyday. The proper word for it is Roti or Chapati. In Pakistan Roti is commonly used word.
    It is art of food deal.gif

My Gallery
  • slflashslflash Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Awais,
    Very nice capture. They look yummy. You had to mention mangos, now I am hungry. I must go find my dried ones. :D
    edited July 2, 2007
    :D Thanks Sheila i never heard of Dried mangos
    now i am going for some peach :D

My Gallery
  • slflashslflash Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    Awais,
    I get them at Costco. They are Phillipines brand. They are dried and lightly coated with sugar. Super sweet even without the sugar. Eating one right now.:D