AJAX misbehaving on Mac Safari 3.02

scoodogscoodog Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited October 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
On Safari 3.02 (running on Mac OS X 10.4.10), the "right-arrowing" through photos (in the 'smugmug view' of a gallery) doesn't work. Nothing happens when you click on the right-arrow key.

I've tried this on numerous galleries, mine and others.

Can the smugmuggers confirm this bug and let me know if they know about it and provide an ETA on when it will be fixed?

Thanks,

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Tom, I don't work for SmugMug, but it seems like a tall order to expect them to support a beta browser. I'm sure that once Safari 3 is out of beta they will be supporting it, but in the meantime, it IS beta....
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • carolinecaroline Registered Users Posts: 1,302 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    scoodog wrote:
    On Safari 3.02 (running on Mac OS X 10.4.10), the "right-arrowing" through photos (in the 'smugmug view' of a gallery) doesn't work. Nothing happens when you click on the right-arrow key.

I've tried this on numerous galleries, mine and others.

Can the smugmuggers confirm this bug and let me know if they know about it and provide an ETA on when it will be fixed?

Thanks,

Hi Tom
    Its not quite as simple as you describe - try using the left arrow key as wellheadscratch.gif
    I know nothing about Ajax but Davids comments re this beta version/Smummug are obviously very pertinent. I'll stick to Firefox :)

Caroline
    Mendip Blog - Blog from The Fog, life on the Mendips
    www.carolineshipsey.co.uk - Follow me on G+

[/URL]
  • Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif

I understand wanting to be on the bleeding edge, and we thank you for the bug report. I'm sure it'll be fixed eventually (either by Apple or us depending on where the problem lies), but I wouldn't hold my breath for it until after Safari 3 is no longer in beta.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • scoodogscoodog Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    Smugmug messes up under OS X 10.5 -- latest Safari
    Mike Lane wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

I understand wanting to be on the bleeding edge, and we thank you for the bug report. I'm sure it'll be fixed eventually (either by Apple or us depending on where the problem lies), but I wouldn't hold my breath for it until after Safari 3 is no longer in beta.

Mike, well -- Safari 3 is OUT OF BETA now (effective its release with OS X 10.5 on Friday) and the smugmug is partially-broken -- from the perspective of not being able to use the arrow keys to scroll through photos on the smugmug view.

Please advise.

Thanks!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    we'll look into it for sure
  • timnosenzotimnosenzo Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    Did you fix it already? Because either that or I don't know what you're talking abut because mine seems to work fine... ne_nau.gif
    edited October 27, 2007
    timnosenzo wrote:
    Did you fix it already? Because either that or I don't know what you're talking abut because mine seems to work fine... ne_nau.gif

Tim, are you using the latest version of Safari (3.04, the one that installs with Leopard -- OS X 10.5, which was just released on Friday)?

I tried it both at my home after loading Leopard and on two computers running Leopard at the Apple Store, and against both my smugmug site (scoodog.smugmug.com) and another (neb.smugmug.com).

To be specific, the problem is this: When in smugmug view on a gallery, using the right/left arrow keys to scroll through the photos does not do anything.

Note: Firefox (2.0.0.8) works fine under Leopard. This problem is limited to Safari 3.0.4, the first non-beta 3.x version, under 10.5 Leopard. (Although I observed this with Safari 3.0.x running as a beta under 10.4 Tiger, too.)

Tom
    edited October 27, 2007
    Hi Tom, yeah, I have the latest version of both... and the navigation arrows in my site and yours both work for me... ne_nau.gif

Picture1.jpg
    edited October 27, 2007
    timnosenzo wrote:
    Hi Tom, yeah, I have the latest version of both... and the navigation arrows in my site and yours both work for me... ne_nau.gif

It's not the on-screen navigation arrows that aren't working -- it's the ARROW KEYS on the keyboard that should be working. Perhaps you haven't done that before, Tim -- you can "arrow key" through a gallery's photos -- be sure to be in smugmug default mode for this.

Thanks for looking closer on your end, and hope you are enjoying Leopard. I think I like it here... plenty of new bells 'n' whistles and eye candy and cool features. Just another reason to love being a Mac person!

Tom
    edited October 27, 2007
    Ahh, yup , you're right... never knew you could do that! :) Oh well, guess I won't miss doing it then. mwink.gif