While My Husband Slept in church

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited February 18, 2005 in People
The Priest helped ready the church for mass
15968710-L.jpg

They might be working on smugmug, I can't add any more photos right now. This was with my new 17-40L lens.
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    I can't see your picture for some reason ne_nau.gif

I'll check back in a bit.

Dave
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    Dave, those are new photos from this weekend, but I have never been able to have any photos show up from that gallery. I am going to download those to another gallery, start another thread here, call it While Bill Slept In Church. I would erase this if I knew how. I think that is a moderator thing. Frustrating. It was after midnight on the east coast, ?

ginger
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    not a moderator thing...
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Dave, those are new photos from this weekend, but I have never been able to have any photos show up from that gallery. I am going to download those to another gallery, start another thread here, call it While Bill Slept In Church. I would erase this if I knew how. I think that is a moderator thing. Frustrating. It was after midnight on the east coast, ?

ginger

ginger, are you absolutely certain that "external links" are turned on for the gallery you are linking from?

andy
    edited February 16, 2005
    Andy, that is a good thought. The rt click was turned off. I will check.

OK, now I feel like an idiot. Am glad one of us is still thinking, thanks Andy.
    I was so paranoid at all the rich people of the church who don't want to pay for photos........I think I had everything turned off.

Thanks,
    ginger

Dave, et al, I have turned the external link on and I will bring them from that gallery as a test. They should work now.
    edited February 16, 2005
    See, he is sleeping!
    Asleep he is! The man on the other side of him is super religious, he complained after church about how much it was bothering him that I was taking photos during Mass. I always stop after the gifts are brought up and when the actual consecration starts, and I try to be discreet. Bill kept hitting me to stop during the homily. I have not taking photos of the service at all in a year or more. It will probably ba awhile for the next time. This was with the new 17-40 L lens I bought from fish. I was right next to Bill. The only problem with the 20D is it makes more noise, a klunk, that I remember from the old days with the Nikon when the mirror went up, but I don't remember that with the Rebel.

15968709-L.jpg

The service begins as the Priest and Deacon bow at the altar......
    I had to repair the keystoning, in the process I ended up cropping this a bit. I was not this close, though I was in the front row.

15968711-L.jpg

This is where Bill kept hitting me to stop taking photos. When I photographed a bit of the homily. If the Priest had looked at me or glared I would have stopped myself, but I don't think he minded. These make good record shots.

15968708-L.jpg

I took one more where a family brought up the gifts (the bread, wine and money), but I didn't work it up. I hate straightening keystoning, and I didn't think I was going to show these. But they are shots with the new wide lens that I love. With what other lens would I have gotten Bill asleep, AND show the environment he was in?

ginger
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    Too funny!
    Hubby asleep in church, stealth photo taking? rolleyes1.gif

The pictures look really good, the colors are great!
  • CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    Hubby asleep in church, stealth photo taking? rolleyes1.gif

The pictures look really good, the colors are great!
    rolleyes1.gif I agree!

Very nice pictures, I really like the first one! The one of your hubby snoozin' is totally classic (and priceless!). I actually like how the man next to him is kind of distant. You can feel his contempt for you Laughing.gif.

Good job! thumb.gif
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 16, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    The only problem with the 20D is it makes more noise, a klunk, that I remember from the old days with the Nikon when the mirror went up, but I don't remember that with the Rebel.
    If you're 20D is noisier than your Drebel, you should either have your 20D serviced or get that damn Rebel back!!! lol3.gif

The rebel has about the sloppiest sounding mirror slapping shutter actuation in the universe!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    Nice shots Gin'!!
    And congrats on the new lens, you're definitely doing it justice :D
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    Erik, Ginger
    DoctorIt wrote:
    If you're 20D is noisier than your Drebel, you should either have your 20D serviced or get that damn Rebel back!!! lol8.gif

The rebel has about the sloppiest sounding mirror slapping shutter actuation in the universe!
    Just got my 20d so far great but it has the loudest shutter I have ever heard.
    It won't be very good for in close wildlife photos...well maybe one shot

Ginger great stuff I tried this a couple of times and it was not a big hit in church so I don't do it anymore uhoh2.gif

Thanks
    Fred
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited February 17, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    If you're 20D is noisier than your Drebel, you should either have your 20D serviced or get that damn Rebel back!!! lol3.gif

The shutter on the 20D is definitely louder than the 10D or the 300D. Or at least mine is. :cry
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited February 17, 2005
    I am glad to hear that about your shutters, not that I want everyone suffering, neither did I want to send my camera back to Canon to fix it, or replace it.

And then again, I couldn't remember, I don't have a Rebel to compare with, so I just thought My That Shutter Is Loud. Then when Doctor It said that was wrong, I would think about it and wonder..... So I am glad to know that 1) I am not nuts, and 2) neither is my camera.

ginger
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    Just got my 20d so far great but it has the loudest shutter I have ever heard.
    You've obviously never shot with a Nikon FM or FE. rolleyes1.giflol3
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    well, the jury's still out on this one, ginger...
    ginger_55 wrote:
    .... So I am glad to know that 1) I am not nuts...

heheheh lol3.gif j/k dear...

the 20d is a bit noisy, so it's not something that canon can fix. it never bothered me. a nice feature of the 1Ds Mark II is the quiet shutter feature, it cuts the noise waaaay down.

anyhow, get used to it, yer camera is fine thumb.gif

oh yah, very nice shot, love the one of mr. j a-snoozin'
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Funny thing, I like the sound of the shutter on the 20D, but that's prolly because I'm easily impressed. Like those guys who think their Harleys sound good.

The build on the 20D is so much nicer than my old rebel, and the sound was just so satisfying...

but it is loud.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Great pictures Ginger! I don't think I'd have the courage to take a picture inside our church, not even with me near silent and swivel-body 828. But then again, you don't know our pastor, so you probably don't understand why. ;)
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Great set Ginger!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Great now you got me thinking pariniod on my camera's sound.

Should I sell the house and get a Hasselblad or 1DS MarkII?I am going deaf anyways so Ill stick with my clunky rebel(much to the chagrin of my banker no doubt)
    Ginger the picture of your hubby napping is priceless, now if he was drooling too then it would be immaculaterolleyes1.gif .

Tim
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    Shakey wrote:
    I am going deaf anyways
    Tim
    Nothing wrong with that me ol china plate. Im as (industrial) deaf as a post & love it. Started about 10 years back & it gives me right of way into the 'Deaf ol' Bastards' club.

I do the 'purple monkey dishwasher' thing at work all day long & it drives peoplelol3.gif crazy.
    edited February 18, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    I do the 'purple monkey dishwasher' thing at work all day long & it drives peoplelol3.gif crazy.
    Sorry, you're gonna have to explain that one... ne_nau.gif
    Erik

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Sorry, you're gonna have to explain that one... ne_nau.gif
    Bart & lisa at school playing chinese whispers. Jesus man....dont you watch the simpsons !!!!!!!!!!
    edited February 18, 2005
    Humungus wrote:
    Bart & lisa at school playing chinese whispers. Jesus man....dont you watch the simpsons !!!!!!!!!!
    Nope, sorry. I'll ask my housemate to explain it to me. He's a simpsons freak.
    Erik