Camera info for my galleries

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited July 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
All of my galleries come up with 'Olympus SP550UZ' in the 'caption' under my photos. I now have a second camera. Short of manually typing in which camera I used for each photo, is there a way to input this for an entire gallery in one go?
I have no clue how my Olympus infor got there ,in the first place. :scratch
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited July 2, 2007
    Hopefully someone else can provide an explanation of how the camera name ended up in the caption - I don't know that one. But - it should be in the EXIF for the photo without you doing anything. So if you (or a viewer) clicks on photo information (while hovering over a photo) the info box will open, and the camera is shown on the Basic tab. (Of course that assumes that you allow that to be displayed via the camera info setting under Look & feel for your galleries...)

--- Denise
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Patti wrote:
    All of my galleries come up with 'Olympus SP550UZ' in the 'caption' under my photos. I now have a second camera. Short of manually typing in which camera I used for each photo, is there a way to input this for an entire gallery in one go?
    I have no clue how my Olympus infor got there ,in the first place. headscratch.gif

If you go to the gallery in Smugmug and choose Edit Captions/Keywords (bulk) from the Tools menu, you will be able to mass edit an entire gallery of captions, including clearing all of them. You can either quickly clear each caption edit box (since they are all on screen at once) or see the options at the top of the page for doing mass changes.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    The other posters have given you "the fix" on SmugMug.

Some camera makers put wrong info in the IPTC description field, and that's why you have it in the caption :(
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Empting the caption will only put the camera name back in, it's automatic. You
    have to fool the caption into thinking something is there. Add <> to the
    caption it will then show blank.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog