Rebel xti and 60mm Macro lens

KvPhotoKvPhoto Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
edited July 2, 2007 in Cameras
My 300d died Saturday evening, in the middle of a fantastic evening on an audubon cruise up the East River in NYC, soooo depressing. Well, I replaced it with an XTI (400D). When I went to use my macro lens today I noticed after turning it about 1/4 of the way that I had to use more force than I used to on the 300D to make it lock on. Now, it worked nad the B&H rep (who is a friend I went to school with) told me that all lenses with the white square or red dot are compatible. So should I be concerned? Do I need to get something for the Macro? Beyond that I LOVE the xti in comparison to the original rebel. The bigger LCD screen, more continuous shooting and I just feel like it is easier to use for some reason.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited July 2, 2007
    KvPhoto wrote:
    My 300d died Saturday evening, in the middle of a fantastic evening on an audubon cruise up the East River in NYC, soooo depressing. Well, I replaced it with an XTI (400D). When I went to use my macro lens today I noticed after turning it about 1/4 of the way that I had to use more force than I used to on the 300D to make it lock on. Now, it worked nad the B&H rep (who is a friend I went to school with) told me that all lenses with the white square or red dot are compatible. So should I be concerned? Do I need to get something for the Macro? Beyond that I LOVE the xti in comparison to the original rebel. The bigger LCD screen, more continuous shooting and I just feel like it is easier to use for some reason.

Congratulations on the new camera. I guess you can disregard my recommendation in the other thread.

Unless the macro is binding or sticking during the mount, I should not be too concerned.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • ShizamShizam Registered Users Posts: 418 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    The tolerance is all probably still very tight on the new body. I had a similar experience going from my war torn 20D to the 5D, the tension in the metal leafs was way more stiff.
    Ever hear of Optimus Zoom? Me either.
    SmugMug iOS Sorcerer
  • KvPhotoKvPhoto Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Thanks, I noticed the other lenses that are not metal go on easier. Just afraid of messing anything up with the new body.