Red X's on Palm?

NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
edited July 5, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I can't seem to get my thumbnails to load on my new Palm phone-once I click on the second pages of photos. The main pg. loads, rather slowly, but thats it. I can't see any photos after that especially when I click on a photo and they are very small in bytes. The unusual part is other pages like your Smugmugs home page all loads fairly fast, and my Imageevent albums load all the thumbnails easy enough. Is it a java script thing? Its not the byte limitations I know that. Sure would like to be able to use it away from home...any ideas?
thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Netgarden wrote:
    I can't seem to get my thumbnails to load on my new Palm phone-once I click on the second pages of photos. The main pg. loads, rather slowly, but thats it. I can't see any photos after that especially when I click on a photo and they are very small in bytes. The unusual part is other pages like your Smugmugs home page all loads fairly fast, and my Imageevent albums load all the thumbnails easy enough. Is it a java script thing? Its not the byte limitations I know that. Sure would like to be able to use it away from home...any ideas?
    thanks!
    Can't say for sure- but you might have a setting that needs to be set to allow images from non-originating websites (our images can be served up from smugmug.com or s3.amazon.com ....
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2007
    Netgarden wrote:
    thanks!
    I can't get thumbs to load either on my 6700. They are loading but with
    right-click protection on all I'm getting is the blank gif file. Probably the same
    with you.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2007
    thanks guys, I'll see if I can do that. On my Motorola Q -XP oriented phone I could see them all easily. The browser on this one is Blazer, so that may be the problem, not sure, apparently it is affiliated with Opera. I may be able to download a new browser from online, but don't want to mess up the phone just for this. Another thing I could do is upload my favorite photos in my Image events album, which I hardly ever use.

I'll keep trying. Seems strange it loads my smugmug home page, its just when I click on an album it doesn't work. No right click protection so that isn't it.ne_nau.gif
  • JC78JC78 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 4, 2007
    Netgarden wrote:
    thanks guys, I'll see if I can do that. On my Motorola Q -XP oriented phone I could see them all easily. The browser on this one is Blazer, so that may be the problem, not sure, apparently it is affiliated with Opera. I may be able to download a new browser from online, but don't want to mess up the phone just for this. Another thing I could do is upload my favorite photos in my Image events album, which I hardly ever use.

I'll keep trying. Seems strange it loads my smugmug home page, its just when I click on an album it doesn't work. No right click protection so that isn't it.ne_nau.gif
    I'm in the same boat. I could view my pages no problem with my MM9000 Sprint cell phone (via the in phone browser, and Opera Mini)... then I had a short stint with a Moto Q, which again had no problem viewing... Heck, with the 9000 (at least prior to the January "upgrade") I was able to move photos and galleries around, edit my page, etc...

Now I've moved on to a Treo 755p with the Blazer browser, and I have no access to my photos at all.. I can view parts of the page, such as the list of galleries, but no dice when going into the galleries. I've downloaded Opera Mini for the Treo, but it freezes up my 755p... It may work better on the 700p.

Anyone figure any way around this? Now that I have the bigger screen of the Treo, I'd kind of like to be able to view my galleries on the road, showing photos to friends, and viewing my parents travel galleries. The last thing I'd ever want to do is switch to another host, but if this continues in this way...

-JC
  • NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    JC thanx for the note, mine is the Treo 755 too. I'm kind of kicking myself for not buying last years XP oriented model. My Q crashed, terrible battery life, lost all my phone nos. When I get around to making the tech call, I'll let you know how it goes. I just wonder if it isn't a script thing, because I doubt anyone would want a phone for internet that doesn't show images.
    JC78 wrote:
    I'm in the same boat. I could view my pages no problem with my MM9000 Sprint cell phone (via the in phone browser, and Opera Mini)... then I had a short stint with a Moto Q, which again had no problem viewing... Heck, with the 9000 (at least prior to the January "upgrade") I was able to move photos and galleries around, edit my page, etc...

Now I've moved on to a Treo 755p with the Blazer browser, and I have no access to my photos at all.. I can view parts of the page, such as the list of galleries, but no dice when going into the galleries. I've downloaded Opera Mini for the Treo, but it freezes up my 755p... It may work better on the 700p.

Anyone figure any way around this? Now that I have the bigger screen of the Treo, I'd kind of like to be able to view my galleries on the road, showing photos to friends, and viewing my parents travel galleries. The last thing I'd ever want to do is switch to another host, but if this continues in this way...

-JC
  • DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    Is it a stupid question to ask why you want to view your photos on your mobile ?

The resolution would be so small to make it not worth it.

Andrew
    edited July 5, 2007
    Dna wrote:
    Is it a stupid question to ask why you want to view your photos on your mobile ?

The resolution would be so small to make it not worth it.

Andrew
    Not a stupid question at all... I like viewing them on my mobile for many reasons:

1. I'm impatient. I have push email and the internet in my pocket. If my folks email me a gallery from one of their many travels, I want to be able to see that album immediately.

2. I get bored at work or waiting for appointments, and I really don't want to carry my laptop around with me... Plus, while I'm there, I like being able to show any picture at a moment's notice.

3. If someone were to ask what sorts of photography I'm into, it's really easy to show them rather than tell them sometimes

4. Because I can, or rather, should be able to. If I can do something on a run of the mill cell phone, I frankly find it asinine that I cannot do the same via one of the most powerful CDMA phones on the market.

Besides, the Palm has a decent sized 320X320 pixel screen with beautiful color rendition... It does a fantastic job rendering pictures, and I'd really like to show them off. I don't want to clutter up my memory or memory card with photos that I SHOULD just be able to access online...

Hopefully that explains it...
    edited July 5, 2007
    Netgarden wrote:
    ...My Q crashed, terrible battery life, lost all my phone nos. When I get around to making the tech call, I'll let you know how it goes. I just wonder if it isn't a script thing, because I doubt anyone would want a phone for internet that doesn't show images.
    I chalk my Q up as a little lapse in judgement, and being swayed by a pretty face - the battery life on that thing was terrible... I remember JUST being able to make it through a day of work... barely!

Displaying images isn't the problem. I have no problems checking out friends' flickr and pbase pages. It's got to be something with how the browser reads the page, or is reacting to the the way the Smugmug pages are written. I have a feeling that the older interface (prior to the January update) wouldn't have been a problem at all...

I was pleased to find others having this problem, as well... I was about to bring the Treo into Sprint and ask them what was wrong :) Now if only Opera would make a version of Opera Mobile or Opera Mini that's stable on our phone!